OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

change background inserting an image - saving the template

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avilella

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: change background inserting an image - saving the template Reply with quote

Hi,

I would like to know how do I create a new template:

I want to put an image as the background, but if I do "Intert->Graphics",
then, everytime I click on a place where there isn't any text frame, the image is selected.

I would like to put an image as background and then save the template, to use it with that background for all the slides.

How do I do that?

Anyone?

Thanks
Patrick
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to go to format/page/background then change the type to graphic and it will allow you to browse to the file you want to use.
DannyB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another way.

In the far lower-left corner of the window are some little buttons. The second button in, if you hover the pointer over it, the tooltip says "Master View". By clicking the Master View button, you get the master view background of all slides. Anything you draw or change in the Master View mode applies to all slides.

I did an Insert -> Graphic to the Master View, and then clicked the other little button back to Slide View. (Back out of master view mode.)

I not only had a graphic, or other shapes, controls, etc. on every single slide, I also could not select the background image.
Madnil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Changing the background type to graphic? Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
You have to go to format/page/background then change the type to graphic and it will allow you to browse to the file you want to use.

How do I "change the type to graphic"? My only options are None, Color, Gradient, Hatching, and Bitmap. Checking the latter doesn't provide me with a Browse button.

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: