OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

exporting form to PDF changed v1.13 to v2.0 (blank forms!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peg_rtm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: exporting form to PDF changed v1.13 to v2.0 (blank forms!) Reply with quote

now: Win98SE running OO 2.0
before: Win98SE running OO 1.1.3

Some time ago I created a writer doc which contained a form with fill-out fields. That way a user could fill in a Purchase Order form in Writer, generate a PDF and email it to someone else who could view and print the completed form. It is not necessary to edit the doc in PDF.

This worked fine in v1.1.3. Now when I generate a PDF using 2.0, the fields appear blank. If you click on a field, the contents become visible, but you can only display one field at a time, which is useless.

I have placed the Writer doc and resulting PDF files at
http://rockhilltrolley.org/oo

Thank you!
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: exporting form to PDF changed v1.13 to v2.0 (blank forms Reply with quote

peg_rtm wrote:
now: Win98SE running OO 2.0
before: Win98SE running OO 1.1.3

I gave it it try here:
- Win XP Home SP 2, Adobe Reader 7.0, OOo 1.1.5, no problems, all fields had been filled in the exported PDF file.
- Win XP Home SP 2, Adobe Reader 7.0, OOo 2.0, slight problem with the date field: I have to enter a value although it was auto filled after opening your sxw file. All other fields had been filled in the exported PDF file as I expected.

I also opened your PDF files. They also showed all the fields.

With kind regards
hol.sten
peg_rtm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: apparent acrobat problem Reply with quote

Thank you! I had not considered that it could be an Acrobat problem. Oops!

I have remained with Acrobat 5.5 because (1) you needed a current version of IE to load 6.0 (which made me quite unhappy!), and (2) my experience with 6.0 in the workplace was that it seemed very buggy.

I suppose I can retain OO1.1 for this purpose for the time being.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: