OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Compiling icu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANose

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Compiling icu Reply with quote

I know i asked it before, but since its it been a while i thought to give it one last try, also adding some information, so maybe this time someone can give me the answer to the following question(s):

The problem im having is compiling the icu package when doing a full OOo(1.9) compile

For some reason it always returns with one of the following error messages:

link.exe kernel32.lib user32.lib /nologo /dll /incremental:no /pdb:".\Release\icudt26l.pdb" /machine:I386 /out:"..\..\bin\icudt26l.dll" /implib:"..\..\lib\icudata.lib" ".\Release\stubdata.obj"
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'user32.lib'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link.exe' : return code '0x49d'
Stop.

cl.exe @c:\DOCUME~1\MARCEL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\nm3.tmp
cl : Command line warning D4029 : optimization is not available in the standard edition compiler
putil.c
putil.c(91) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': Invalid argument
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl.exe' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

The first case happens when starting a clean build,the second case happens after i compiled icu independantly with .net(2003) which implies the object link files are created in the working dir, however when i compile independantly with .net shouldn't the compile stage of icu (when trying to compile a full build again) be skipped altogether, since it is already build?
if not why not, or can it somehow be forced to skip (since it's already been build with .net independantly), or would this cause some other problem?
and why (when trying to make a clean build) can it not find the librarys while as far as i can tell they are in the correct place(tried with both the .net platform sdk and the independant platform sdk)?

If any more information is needed please ask and i"ll answer as soon as i can, since i only work on it one day a week.

additional info:
windows xp/sp2 with cygwin and .net 2003
using currently source 1.9.100(i encountered the same problem also in the previous versions, so i doubt a higher version will solve the problem)
ANose

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I seem to have figured out the source of the problem, because when I tried to build other parts independantly I once again got the "<windows.h> include not found" error, which seems to imply a path problem.

So the question becomes: Why can't it find the things while I clearly defined them? (and as far as i can tell they are referenced by ILIB and SOLARINC. Are they not referenced the right way for some reason? Anyone an idea how this might be caused?)
ANose

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I figured it out, it seems that the ':' has been used as a separator, however i used the dos/cygwin-style notation of paths with C:/path construction (and it somehow gets skipped or forgotten by the cygpath conversion lines i saw in the configure) so the solution was replacing it with /cygdrive/c everywhere (I'm a bit surprised nobody answered the question - doesn't anybody build for windows? (or was it too hard Wink ))

Anyway, I got a folowup (icu doesn't seem to like me!)

same story as before (however with src680_m104), with this error:

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.10.3077
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

cd "..\..\allinone\all"
cd "e:\_extern\compiling\src680_m104\icu\wntmsci10.pro\misc\build\icu\source\allinone\all\..\..\extra\ustdio"
nmake / /F .\ustdio.mak CFG="ustdio - Win32 Release" RECURSE=0

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.10.3077
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

tempfile.bat
1 bestand(en) gekopieerd.
tempfile.bat
1 bestand(en) gekopieerd.
link.exe @c:\DOCUME~1\MARCEL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\nm8.tmp
Creating library .\..\..\..\lib\icuio.lib and object .\..\..\..\lib\icuio.exp
ustream.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall std::locale::facet::_Register(void)" (?_Register@facet@locale@std@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "class std::ctype<char> const & __cdecl std::use_facet<class std::ctype<char> >(class std::locale const &)" (??$use_facet@V?$ctype@D@std@@@std@@YAABV?$ctype@D@0@ABVlocale@0@@Z)
ustream.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class std::locale::facet const * __thiscall std::locale::_Getfacet(unsigned int)const " (?_Getfacet@locale@std@@QBEPBVfacet@12@I@Z) referenced in function "class std::ctype<char> const & __cdecl std::use_facet<class std::ctype<char> >(class std::locale const &)" (??$use_facet@V?$ctype@D@std@@@std@@YAABV?$ctype@D@0@ABVlocale@0@@Z)
..\..\..\bin\icuio26.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link.exe' : return code '0x460'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'c:\Progra~1\Micros~1.NET\Vc7\bin\nmake.exe' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
dmake: Error code 2, while making './wntmsci10.pro/misc/build/so_built_so_icu'
---* tg_merge.mk *---

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /cygdrive/e/_extern/compiling/src680_m104/icu
dmake: Error code 1, while making 'build_all'
---* tg_merge.mk *---

abby

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

I'm trying to build OOorc3. Normally that should be rather easy. but I always get this strange error: can't open input file kernel32.lib or can't open input file user32.lib

I can't realy locate what the problem is, can someone give me a hint where to start looking for possible solutions.

Thanks
Abby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: