OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Templates and Shared Templates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
claude

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Templates and Shared Templates Reply with quote

Hi forum.
Must I mentionned that OOo is a great great great office suite ?

My organisation plans to deploy OOo 2 as our standard Business Office suite in replacement for ..... you know what !.
My questions are about templates and shared templates.

I've found the way to specify the shared template directory located on one of our server (actually a Win2K server, but it could be transfered on a linux server with samba).
for info, it is under Tools - Options, OpenOffice.org - Paths, you can add there local AND shared folders.

1. When I want to create a new document from an existing shared template, the Tempalte and Documents window shows me the folder I've put in the options (that's fine), but this folder contains subfolders, one for each different languages we work with, and there are not displayed.
2. Only the templates that contain a title in the document properties are displayed, is there a way to display all the templates contained in the folder, even those without a title in the property ?
3. How can I configure this shared template options in OOo2 for our linux desktop workstation without doing a mount requiring root priviledges ? I've tryed with smb://....., but without success.
4. What is the purpose of the Organize... button in this dialog window ?

voilą, that's all for the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: