OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

unable to reference multiple sheets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pt
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: unable to reference multiple sheets Reply with quote

Having difficulty creating a formula the references multiple sheets.

For example starting with a sheet called Summary which is sheet 2 of 29 and entering

=SUM(Mar00.C5;Mar01.C5;Mar02.C5;Mar03.C5;Mar04.C5)

and then hitting enter the following is returned

=SUM(Mar00.C5;Mar01.C5;Mar02.C5;Mar03.C5,#REF!.C5)

however entering

=SUM(Mar00.C5;Mar01.C5;Mar02.C5;Mar03.C5)

only returns the correct sum.

Thank you
noranthon
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: unable to reference multiple sheets Reply with quote

I successfully entered a formula summing the contents of cell C5 in 5 consecutive sheets. My formula was exactly the same as yours except, of course, for the sheet names.

In case of some quirk involving your sheet names, I even made a document using the same names. You should check that the name Mar04 is correct - there may, for example, be a space which you can't see. I notice also that your post shows a comma after "Mar03.C5" instead of a semi-colon, as: Mar03.C5,#REF!.C5 but if I use a comma there I get "#NAME?". If I mispell the sheetname I get the result you mention (but no comma): =SUM(aim.C5;brw.C5;buy.C5;cuo.C5;#REF!.C5)
pt
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: reference multiple sheets Reply with quote

You are absolutely correct, I had some spaces in my sheet names. Thank you for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: