OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

List of adresses in OO.o 1.0.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ingo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: List of adresses in OO.o 1.0.1 Reply with quote

Hi!
In StarOffice 5.2 I have some different lists of adresses. Every time I change a database entry and reopen the list, the list is updated.
It worked to import the database into OO.o 1.0.1. But is there also a possibility to import these lists or to create new ones?
Thanks,
Ingo
Bowties

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your "lists" are stored in a database right? What kind of database?

OOo supports accessing a number of different databases.
Ingo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know... it is the standard adress book of StarOffice 5.2 and there you could create such lists with all adresses of your adress book on one page. The database with all adresses I imported as dbase.
In StarOffice the lists are opened as:
file:///e|/programme/office52/user/database/address.sdb#db:Report;Adressen
Beside the file adress.sdb there is a folder named adress that contains the files adress.dbf and adress.dbt. I think that is everything needed for the database and the lists.
Is it understandable?
Ingo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that nobody knows that. Too bad. But I will stay with StarOffice 5.2 then...
draude
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ingo,

Don't give up on OOo just yet! Smile

I'm a little confused as to what you're looking to do. So you have this address database in StarOffice 5.2. And you want to import or create lists?? What would these "lists" look like?
Ingo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah okay... You don't know StarOffice 5.2? I think the "lists" in StarOffice are calles "reports" in english, but don't really know.
What I already have done is importing the database with my adresses in OpenOffice.org 1.0.1.
What I want is creating (or importing from StarOffice 5.2) lists... An example:
My database has 10 fields, field_a to field _j and I have saved a certain number of adresses 1-x. The list should show some fields of all adresses on ONE page:
field_a1 field_b1 field_e1 field_g1
field_a2 field_b2 field_e2 field_g2
field_a3 field_b3 field_e3 field_g3

I know that I can "drag and drop" the list into a writer- or a calc-document but if I save the file update some adresses and reopen the file, the changes are not included. That worked with StarOffice 5.2.
I just don't want to redo the layout everytime I print an updated list. Understand?

Ingo
rhone
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you need to create a form. Have you tried that?
Ingo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah cool. I could create a table in a form that changes its contents if the contents of the database, but there seems to be no chance to change the design of such a table. Or am I wrong? Second problem are tables that are longer than one page. I can't realize them with forms, do I? I want to use this thing to print all my adresses. Maybe OpenOffice is just not made for adress lists...
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just want to create a doc. with your addresses listed in it try the following.

In a new Writer doc. hit F4 and open the database table. Click the gray box in the upper lefthand corner of the table so that all records become highlighted, then click the Data to Text icon which should be the forth from the right. Now experiment with the choices provides.

Hope this is what your looking for.

JohnV

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingo wrote:
Ah okay... You don't know StarOffice 5.2Ingo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: