OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

SaveAs errors in 1.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:12 am    Post subject: SaveAs errors in 1.1 Reply with quote

When I go to save a file I get the following error msgs:
"Error loading Basic of document" then it indicates a file such as /opt/...../FormWizard/script.xlb

It runs thru 18 of these msgs and then seems to save okay.
Any ideas or is this a bug.
maritishot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest reinstalling OOo.

Which O/S are you using?

Jim
maxqnz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maritishot wrote:
I'd suggest reinstalling OOo.

Which O/S are you using?

Jim

The presence of "/opt" in the directory path suggests to me that the OP is using Linux. I haven't seen the problem described in my W2K install.

OOo 2.4/XP Pro SP2 / OOo 2.3.0.1/OpenSuse 10.3
whynot
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I experienced same problems with my Win2000 installation. As mentioned in a report i just installed release 1.1 over a 1.0.2. I guess this causes the problem, although my documents are stored fine.

In the office i first deinstalled my old version and then installed the new one. There i get no error messages.
Hence i recommend to deinstall your current version and reinstall the new one.

btw in the office i use it on Suse Linux 8.2 on one pc and with Win98 on another pc. Both versions run fine.
maxqnz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whynot wrote:
I experienced same problems with my Win2000 installation. As mentioned in a report i just installed release 1.1 over a 1.0.2. I guess this causes the problem, although my documents are stored fine..

Ah, that will be why I haven't had the problem. I've always uninstalled the previous version before installing the next.

OOo 2.4/XP Pro SP2 / OOo 2.3.0.1/OpenSuse 10.3
sage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: reinstalling Reply with quote

Thks for the replies. as info I'm running RH 9. I thought I was okay installing over 1.02 since it loads into a different directory. Also I thought the errors might be because I don't have java installed. But I will deinstall 1.02 and reload 1.1.
whynot
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey sage,

i did the same fault on my office pc, which is running Suse Linux 8.2.
OpenOffice needs to do some entries in your home- and (i guess) the /opt-folder. If you just install the new release over an old release it is installed into a seperate folder, that's right. But the system-options are stored in the same folder as in old versions. And i'm not sure whether the old entries in home and opt are overwritten. I guess they are still kept, so you have a mix of release 1.0.2 (in opt and home) and 1.1 in your new folder.

Deinstall it first, make your system clean of old openoffice-releases and then reinstall it (if your using Suse you can use YAST). Then it will work fine

good luck
charlescampbell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have clean installs in RedHat 9 and SuSE 9 and neither will allow 'save as' to a filename not already present! So a new file cannot be saved. And the Help file under load/save refers to items in tools/general that don't exist. ????
kyron
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: missing /opt/OpenOffice.org1.1_rc3/basic folder Reply with quote

I am experiencing the same problem on my machines. One has a freshly compiled version of OO 1.1 and others are using the binary distribution (under Gentoo Linux).

Closer investigation gave out the following:
1- To reduce the number of errors, modify the default search path for the BASIC filetypes in the OO configuration dialog:
- Wile in openoffice perform the following:
Tools -> Options
+OpenOffice.org
|--Paths

Select the BASIC path definition and remove the reference to the /opt/... path (there is no basic folder there). This will reduce the amount of errors.

Correct paths that should be there are $HOME/.openoffice/1.1.0/user/basic/ and $HOME/.openoffice/1.1.0/user/basic/Standard

Now, unfortunately, I still get errors when saving my documents, this is an annoyance but the documents still get saved. One hint in the error message though is that OO seems to be trying to open these files incorrectly by adding a / at the end. These are the intergal messages I get:
Code:
Error loading Basic of document
files:///opt/OpenOffice.org1.1_rc3/share/basic/FormWizard/script.xlb/:
General Error.
General inout/output error.

And I get this for the following paths also:
Code:

files:///opt/OpenOffice.org1.1_rc3/share/basic/Template/script.xlb/:
files:///opt/OpenOffice.org1.1_rc3/share/basic/Tools/script.xlb/:
files:///opt/OpenOffice.org1.1_rc3/share/basic/WebWizard/script.xlb/:
files:///opt/OpenOffice.org1.1_rc3/share/basic/Schedule/script.xlb/:
files:///opt/OpenOffice.org1.1_rc3/share/basic/Gimmicks/script.xlb/:
files:///opt/OpenOffice.org1.1_rc3/share/basic/ImportWizard/script.xlb/:
files:///opt/OpenOffice.org1.1_rc3/share/basic/Euro/script.xlb/:
files:///opt/OpenOffice.org1.1_rc3/share/basic/Depot/script.xlb/:

I then get the same type of errors bur relative to the paths I have set in my BASIC PATH settings and the files OO is looking for are dialog.xlc and dialog.xli files.

And it is due to these error messages that I suspect that OO is appending an / at the end of the filenames when trying to open these files...

In any case, anyone go a clue on how to get rid of this annoyance?
Simon Clift

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: missing /opt/OpenOffice.org1.1_rc3/basic folder Reply with quote

Quote:
Closer investigation gave out the following:
1- To reduce the number of errors, modify the default search path for the BASIC filetypes in the OO configuration dialog:
- Wile in openoffice perform the following:
Tools -> Options
+OpenOffice.org
|--Paths

That didn't work for me. I had the correct paths in the Options menu after the installation,
however, OO seemed still to want the /usr/lib/openoffice/share/basic directory.

What I did, which seems to work, was

cd /usr/lib/openoffice/share (the directory already existed)

ln -s /opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/share/basic

which creates a symbolic link to the directory OO is looking for.
It's a hack, but it seems to work. Confused
Cardedeu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that error too, but that error was caused only when I was with a normal user when I was as root user this error didn't exist. So, I thought maybe it was a permission problem and that's right, it was. Because only root could write in script.xlc and dialog.xlc
Jiawen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem that charlescampbell described. I tried creating links as Mr. Clift mentioned, but it didn't help. Is it safe to change the user permissions on script.xlc and dialog.xlc? I need to be able to save files!

Thanks!
mortoray
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you still having this problem I found one solution to it:

Go into the Macros dialog, then into Organizer, and there you'll see the names of all those scripts causing problems. Simply remove all the invalid ones at the error seems to go away.

Shiva In Exile
Ambient World Music
--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
dis-Emi-A
Trostlos Records
dschumann

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: This works the best Reply with quote

mortoray wrote:
For those of you still having this problem I found one solution to it:

Go into the Macros dialog, then into Organizer, and there you'll see the names of all those scripts causing problems. Simply remove all the invalid ones at the error seems to go away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: