OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Possible bug with "openoffice dialogs" for open/sa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VasMac
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Possible bug with "openoffice dialogs" for open/sa Reply with quote

I have discovered when "checking" the box to enable "open office dialogs" for save and open file function, that this enabled interface does not handle, under XP Windows OS, short cuts properly.

This setting is set in the options menu then >openoffice.org>General.

the short cuts appear as links both one can not navigate with these links. Actually the interface dialog box tries to open the link as a file. This may corrupt the link or the folder the link is link to.

Anyone else epxperiences this problem or are most of you Linux users?

When Disabling this feature, all is obvious OK.

But second issue with file and directory navigation is with editing templates, hear you are stuck with OO dialog for organizing templates - Short cuts here are also not handled correctly,Possibly there here is no need to support navigation with Short cuts thru template managment.

I would think supporting the OS file system would be a top feature in the feature list of a product. I would suggest to turn off and not allow the option of being enabled the openoffice dialog settings in the Windows environment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: