OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Dodgy Line Spacing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seanspotatobusiness
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Dodgy Line Spacing Reply with quote

Sometimes the spacing between lines increases for no apparent reason. I've checked the settings, and they're always set to "single line spacing". To try and illstrate what I'm trying to say, the screenshot below shows an occurance of the situation. Either side of "Source AO GNN", are two blank lines, however the lower pair have extra spacing either side and appears as three lines. What is causing this?

Jallan
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Dodgy Line Spacing Reply with quote

username132 wrote:
Sometimes the spacing between lines increases for no apparent reason. I've checked the settings, and they're always set to "single line spacing". To try and illstrate what I'm trying to say, the screenshot below shows an occurance of the situation. Either side of "Source AO GNN", are two blank lines, however the lower pair have extra spacing either side and appears as three lines. What is causing this?

I'm not sure I entirely undstand your problem.

But try right-clicking on your graphic, then selecting the Wrap tag. Make sure that the option is set to "Through" or "Optimal" or some other wrap besides "None". All Wraps other than "Through" can force (or do force) some extra spacing.
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the same paragraph style applied to all lines? Some styles have extra space above and below the paragraph, but are still are single-spaced
seanspotatobusiness
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. It was down to paragraph styling, although I have no idea how it got changed. Thanks for trying, Jallan!
DGehman
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

username132 wrote:
I have no idea how it got changed.

While I'm new to OOo Writer, I'm forever fat-fingering paragraph format changes in Word. Since I've always done it in the heat of battle, I haven't figured out what key combination I've inadvertantly used.

I just CTRL+Z, the paragraph resets itself, and I'm back to processing words...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: