OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Problems Creating Labels With Base

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spunky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Problems Creating Labels With Base Reply with quote

Yes, there's another thread about this, and it was helpful until it was hijacked to another topic.

I double-click the .odb icon.

OpenOffice.org 2.0 opens the HSQL database engine.

I click on Tables under Database.

In the Tables field, an icon and label for the table I created with the software appears.

I highlight the name of the table I created.

Next, I've tried both File > New > Label from the base screen and from the open table, and either way, I receive the Labels pop-up screen.

On the Labels screen, I click the box to check Addresses, and use the drop down arrow under Databases to choose the name of the database I've created.

I cannot make a similar choice under Table. There are no choices in the drop down arrow field, and I cannot type in anything.

I am unable to proceed past this point.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian
MSPhobe
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming that you want to create a sheet of mailing labels (or similar), all different, from some addresses held in a table?

If I've got that right, there's a key-stroke by key-stroke guide to accomplishing that goal at,,,,,

http://sheepdogguides.com/fdb/fdb1main.htm

Concise it isn't, but complete... I hope! It is written for people working with Open Office ver 2, and the "Base" database supplied with OO2.

Tom
Spunky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Tom.

Yes, that is what I want to do: create sheets of mail labels based upon my base entries. I will look at the link provided, and let you know how it works.

Brian
Spunky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, again, Tom, for your kind response.

The problem was that I'd changed the name of my database in my computer, due to a typo, but hadn't gone back to the registered databases in Base to make the corresponding correction. When I made that correction in the registered databases list, my Table appeared, because the software finally said, "Oh, you want to work with THIS database! I recognize it, now!"

PEBKAC

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

Brian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: