OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Help a judge rule faster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferdi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Help a judge rule faster Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I´m a judge here in Brazil and I´m proud do annouce that my State Court (Maranhão- www.tj.ma.gov.br) has moved to OOo (I´m talking about almost 150 cities with 6 computer per city, not counting with the capital Very Happy ). I hope you can help me speeding up dispute resolution by telling me how to develop a document with many aternatives to choose from and that only the choosen ones got printed.

If not too complicate, it would be better if the choosen alternatives could be altered before printing (like hidden sections) beause sometimes we have to change some references (like the page number of a proof).

I tried using hidden sections but could develop the programming necessary.

I have almost no programming skills. And I´m sure that a form like that would be a unvaluable shortcut to us.

I thank you all in advance.

[]´s
Ferdinando

The layout would be like that:

HEADLINE

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT
alternatives (short paragraphs)
DATE
SIGNATURE
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Help a judge rule faster Reply with quote

Ferdi wrote:
Hi guys,

I´m a judge here in Brazil and I´m proud do annouce that my State Court (Maranhão- www.tj.ma.gov.br) has moved to OOo (I´m talking about almost 150 cities with 6 computer per city, not counting with the capital Very Happy ).

Congradulations !!!

I hope you can help me speeding up dispute resolution by telling me how to develop a document with many aternatives to choose from and that only the choosen ones got printed.

If not too complicate, it would be better if the choosen alternatives could be altered before printing (like hidden sections) beause sometimes we have to change some references (like the page number of a proof).

I tried using hidden sections but could develop the programming necessary.

[]´s
Ferdinando

The layout would be like that:

HEADLINE

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT
alternatives (short paragraphs)
DATE
SIGNATURE[/quote]

I suspect that there are many better ways to do this but what about just using AutoText? You could simply load each paragraph into AutoText and then insert whichever one is needed by typing in the shortcut and pressing F3. I think it would work well for one computer but how to ensure that all 900 + computers have the same text available may be a big problem.

You could simply load each paragraph into AutoText and then insert whichever one is needed by typing in the shortcut and pressing F3.

Thus you could have
TEXT TEXT ----
P1 <F3>
and the first alternative paragraph would appear, you could edit the text and print it.

It is not a very sophisticated approach for so many computers but I think it would work.
Ferdi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Tanks Reply with quote

Tanks, Jrkrideau.

Yes, I think that wold work, but that´s not quite what I´m looking for. The catch is what you already said. I alone work in three different computers. I´d have to program the autotext in each and ensure that each one uses the same shortcut. That´se why I hope somebody help me to develop something more like a form, that one would simply check and uncheck items.
Thanks, anyway.
Here is an small part of the form I´m using right now (I have do check the items manualy after they are printed).

1-Vistos em correição (Provimento nº 04/99-CGJ/MA) Processo nº: _____/2005
2-Em conseqüência, determino:
2.1- ( )Processo regular. Nenhuma providência a ser tomada. V. conclusos.
2.2- ( )Cumpra-se o despacho de fls. ________
2.3- ( )Mantenham-se os autos suspensos até o final do prazo de fls._______
2.4- ( )Reitere-se o ofício de fls. ___________
2.5- ( )Solicite-se informações sobre o cumprimento da precatória.
2.6- ( )Mantenham-se os autos em Secretaria para o cumprimento da decisão de fls.________
2.7- ( )Vista ao enxeqüente/Intime-se o exeqüente de fls. __________
2.8- ( )Dê-se vista ao _________________________________________________________
2.9- ( )ARQUIVE-SE COM BAIXA NA DISTRIBUIÇÃO
2.10( )Devolva-se ao Juiz deprecante com nossas homenagens.
2.11( )Encaminhe-se estes autos ao Egrégio Tribunal de Justiça.
2.12( )Permaneçam em arquivo provisório.
2.13( )Cumpra-se integralmente a sentença de fls._________
2.14( )Aguarde-se a devolução da carta precatória.
(this goes until 2.45)

[]´s
Ferdinando
DrewJensen
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Tanks Reply with quote

Ferdi wrote:
Tanks, Jrkrideau.

Yes, I think that wold work, but that´s not quite what I´m looking for. The catch is what you already said. I alone work in three different computers. I´d have to program the autotext in each and ensure that each one uses the same shortcut. That´se why I hope somebody help me to develop something more like a form, that one would simply check and uncheck items.
Thanks, anyway.
Here is an small part of the form I´m using right now (I have do check the items manualy after they are printed).

2.1- ( )Processo regular. Nenhuma providência a ser tomada. V. conclusos.
2.2- ( )Cumpra-se o despacho de fls. ________
2.3- ( )Mantenham-se os autos suspensos até o final do prazo de fls._______
2.4- ( )Reitere-se o ofício de fls. ___________
2.5- ( )Solicite-se informações sobre o cumprimento da precatória.
2.6- ( )Mantenham-se os autos em Secretaria para o cumprimento da decisão de fls.________
2.7- ( )Vista ao enxeqüente/Intime-se o exeqüente de fls. __________
2.8- ( )Dê-se vista ao _________________________________________________________
2.9- ( )ARQUIVE-SE COM BAIXA NA DISTRIBUIÇÃO
2.10( )Devolva-se ao Juiz deprecante com nossas homenagens.
2.11( )Encaminhe-se estes autos ao Egrégio Tribunal de Justiça.
2.12( )Permaneçam em arquivo provisório.
2.13( )Cumpra-se integralmente a sentença de fls._________
2.14( )Aguarde-se a devolução da carta precatória.
(this goes until 2.45)

[]´s
Ferdinando

How would the newly printed form look.

Using your example above lets say that you had a form on the screen just like it, you clicked the items 1 through 2.3, 2.6, 2.11 and 2.14. When the form is then printed should it drop the non-checked items and renumber those that remain such that it would look like this?

Quote:

2.1- Processo regular. Nenhuma providência a ser tomada. V. conclusos.
2.2- Cumpra-se o despacho de fls. ________
2.3- Mantenham-se os autos suspensos até o final do prazo de fls._______
2.4- Mantenham-se os autos em Secretaria para o cumprimento da decisão de fls.________
2.5- Encaminhe-se estes autos ao Egrégio Tribunal de Justiça.
2.6 Aguarde-se a devolução da carta precatória.

Ferdi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Answering... Reply with quote

DrewJensen

That´s exactly what I want. The big deal is that I´m only alowed to use hand-filled forms in a specifc period of the year (called "correição"), so, if i´m not in this period, I have to have multiple documents with one paragraph each. Just to give you the Idea, I have directories in my computer with 80+ documents with only one or two paragraph each.

So, you understood what I want. Having that I can produce a great amount of templates and distribute it to my colleges. I would cut down the time for us.

The renumbering isn´t really necessary. With a document like that each checked item would be like a paragraph of the document (disguising the fact that it was done in a form).

[]´s
Ferdinando
MikeL
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: OpenOffice.org Document Processing Reply with quote

Hi Ferdi,

I am in law school during the night in the US and I do custom programming for a living during the day. For the past several years I have been working with processing OpenOffice.org documents from a rich Java application. I think what I have done may help you. I'm putting together some examples right now and will post them soon and send you the link.

Regards,
Mike.
MikeL
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: OpenOffice.org Document Processing Reply with quote

MikeL wrote:
Hi Ferdi,

I am in law school during the night in the US and I do custom programming for a living during the day. For the past several years I have been working with processing OpenOffice.org documents from a rich Java application. I think what I have done may help you. I'm putting together some examples right now and will post them soon and send you the link.

Regards,
Mike.

Following up as promised. I have posted some screen shots of a short demo that I put together this evening. It shows our Java application that interfaces with OpenOffice.org by using the officebean.jar. It is located here:
http://www.apenmool.org/apenmool/projects_odp.jsp [ the page is about 300KB, so please wait for images to load. ]

Hope this is useful.

<EDITED 03/31/2006>
The documents used by the application are OpenOffice.org documents consisting of "base" or "original" documents that have the overall structure of for example, a letter mailed to a member, and the other documents which can be inserted/removed are "paragraphs" of other OpenOffice.org documents. All documents reside on the filesystem of the computer running the application. Documents could be centralized into a database on a remote server and documents could be created over the web by OpenOffice.org running remotely on a server. We have not need for that feature right now, but see "jooreports" project on sourceforge.net
</EDITED 03/31/2006>

Regards,
Mike
apenmool.org

Last edited by MikeL on Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
MikeL
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Sourceforge project: jooreports Reply with quote

Also, have a look at this project on sourceforge.net: http://jooreports.sourceforge.net/

Quoted from it's project page:
Quote:

JOOReports is an open source solution for creating office documents and reports in Java, using OpenOffice.org.

Its primary goal is making template composition easy. Templates are regular word processor documents, created the OpenOffice.org Writer, with just a few special features for marking fields and other dynamic parts.

(They also have a command line tool that converts documents between multiple formats)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: