OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Incompatible Word 2003 document

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tchuyev
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Incompatible Word 2003 document Reply with quote

Hi,

This is my first POST on this forum Wink Can somebody help me on that issue please?

Basically, the subject tells it all! I can' t open up a Word 2003 document on OpenOffice 2.0 or 2.0.1, wether it is on the Windows or Linux version. I haven't tried with 2.0.2 as the French version is still not available as "official".

Writer freezes whilst trying to open the document: I thus have to kill the application. The rescue mode - after OOo restarts - is useless too. The document works 100% on various versions of Microsoft Word.

Finally, I'm not sure on how to attach that document to that POST so that you see it by yourself. Any ideas? Are there any debugging tools available?

P.S. just tried on OOo 1.5 : it DOES work!!! How come? Anyway, it's not a good thing as we are using 2.0.1 Mad
zero0w
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem, I can't save as Word 2003 XML format - OOo simply hangs right there or reports an error message.

Is the support of Word 2003 XML format not working yet?
tchuyev
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like OOo 2.0 & 2.0.1 are not even backwards compatible with OOo 1.5, which is a bit annoying! I'm kind of impatient to see how 2.0.2 (French version) is going to behave on that specific document...
zero0w
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zero0w wrote:
I have a similar problem, I can't save as Word 2003 XML format - OOo simply hangs right there or reports an error message.

Is the support of Word 2003 XML format not working yet?

Ok I begin to understand now, it seems all those XML filters are depending on the Sun JRE to work properly.

The GNU Classpath GCJ jvm won't work properly for such conversion or export process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: