OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Online Mailing Labels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krism

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Online Mailing Labels Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I am looking for ideas and/or direction on replicating current MSWord functionality with OpenOffice On our website users can automate mailing label creation by querying against our database on the back end (depending upon what people they want to send flyers to), and invoking MSWord on their computer. It needs specific activeX settings on the browser, but it works pretty well. The original code was pulled from microsoft.com: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q285/1/76.asp&NoWebContent=1
Some of our customers are migrating to openOffice and we would like to be able do the online mail merge with them, too.
Thanks so much for any help!
Kris
krism

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I found some great client side code online to force the OOo file to pop off of a button click of the browser. Is there anyway to force an Avery 5160 Layout onto the page versus a table or plain text?

Set objServiceManager= WScript.CreateObject("com.sun.star.ServiceManager")
Set objDesktop= objServiceManager.createInstance("com.sun.star.frame.Desktop")
Dim args()
Set objDocument= objDesktop.loadComponentFromURL("private:factory/swriter", "_blank", 0, args)

Set objText= objDocument.getText

Set objCursor= objText.createTextCursor

objText.insertString objCursor, "The first line in the newly created text document." & vbLf, false
krism

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: online mailing labels Reply with quote

Now I have created a template and have it on my C:. It pulls nicely via the client side button click.
set objTemplate= objLabels.loadComponentFromURL("file:///c:/MailLbls2.ott","_blank", 0, args)
Any ideas on how I get text into to label format? I tried getCell, like it was a spreadsheet and it errored. getText just puts text above the label layout.
Thanks!
Kris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: