OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Label problem - new page?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Label problem - new page? Reply with quote

I'm having a little problem. I looked in help, and searched through this forum, and experimented a bit, but can't figure it out.

I'm trying to create labels that I cut and paste from a text file. After I've populated the first page, I can't seem to get the layout to carry to a new page.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I imagine I'm just overlooking something obvious.

Thanks,

Scott
Rolling Eyes
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think your missing anything Scott because Labels are intended to be easily merged from a database table.

Now the Q is how to get your text file converted to a database table without a whole lots of work. Let us know how it is set up. I think two sets of addresses should do the trick.

Also let us know what version of OO you are using.
sfb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Okay ... never mind then Reply with quote

The I pulled the data down from a webpage. Basically a list of association members that I needed to format for a snail-mail.

Unfortunately some had several name columns, others were missing postal codes, etc. That's why I thought it was nice being able to cut and paste from a text document.

There were about 100 addresses, so I just cut and paste them into four documents.

Thanks for the answer though. At least I know I didn't miss the feature.

Scott
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A file from a web site with columns wasn't expected! It may be possible, I'll send you a private message to continue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: