OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Writer "Run Macro" menu item causes lock up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patb
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Writer "Run Macro" menu item causes lock up. Reply with quote

I am running OOo 2.0 on linux. In Writer, every time I try to run a macro via the menu ie Tools - Macros - Run Macro, Writer locks up. I can list and run my macros via the "Organize Macros" dialog box or I can run them using a shortcut key where I have assigned one, but why does the standard menu lock up? Any suggestions welcome. Cheers, Pat.
B Marcelly
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a real lockup ?
With OOo 2.0 the menu item Tools - Macros - Run Macro starts the Java run-time environment (even if you only want Basic). It takes some time (30 sec, without hourglass cursor) the first time it is started.
I don't know it this menu item works without JRE.
patb
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks B Marcelly.
You are right but I still have a problem. I had upgraded OO from ver 1.9.192 which came with my linux distribution, to ver 2.0. So I reverted to the earlier OO version, and just as you said, there was about a 30 second delay while Writer started the JRE then everything worked as expected. But when I upgrade OO to ver 2.0 there is a real lock-up. For some reason, it seems that JRE is just not starting. I would be grateful for any suggestions. Cheers, Pat.
B Marcelly
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patb wrote:
But when I upgrade OO to ver 2.0 there is a real lock-up. For some reason, it seems that JRE is just not starting.

Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org > Java
In the panel, be sure that your JRE version appears (after a while) and in the first column at left a radio-button is checked. If not, click on it.
patb
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again B Marcelly.
The JRE version (1.4.2) does appear and the radio-button is checked but the lock-up is still occurring. In the same menu, I also looked under /usr/java/ for other JRE versions which maybe I should add, but in all cases, I got the response that there was no Java runtime environment in the relevant directory. (The OOo version 2.0.2 I have installed does include JRE by the way).
It's not a crippling problem, but sorry, I'm still stumped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: