OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How to connect forms??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dorax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: How to connect forms?? Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

Although I've made quit some DBs in filemaker I am now trying ooBase. I really like it. But I am struggling with a problem now. The situation is as follows:

I am making an invoicing DB. So I have a form with patient-data and a subform with treatements. Now I would like to be able to select the treatement and print a bill. (one treatement pro bill)

This may be a simple problem, but I read tons of tutorials and I can't seem to find a solution.

I allready made a form that looks like a bill. So based on the treatement table and with subform patient. But how to I access this form (and the right record in this form) by for example a button on my first form??

I hope I haven't been to confusing, I really need help on this so I would really appreciate any sollution you can help me with!

Thanks a lot!
Dorien
dorax

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: can't connect error Reply with quote

I am aware that there are already similar treads. I have tried several of these macro's they are suggesting for opening another form from a button.
However I always get an error message 'can't connect', when I open the first form.
Does this have anything to do with the fact that i am using the native oobase DB?

I really appreciate any help!
DrewJensen
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hmmmmm*...no, you are supposed to be able to connect to a native database..

If the can't connect error is popping up, then it is either something to do with the table layout or you have misspelled a table name in the forms query perhaps..You can get this if you entered a SQL select commant and failed to double quote identifiers when you needed to.

If you open your database and just open a table it is fine - right?

It is only when you open the form that there is a problem.

If you open the form via a Basic procedure, maybe post the code up and let us have a look...could be in there..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: