OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

column width

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nataliad
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: column width Reply with quote

hello

how can I make calc to increase a column's width in order to display the text in all cells of this column in one line ?

thanks

PS: by saying 'line' I mean the text lines inside a cell, not the 'lines and columns'
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: column width Reply with quote

There's a dividing line between the A | B | C | .... headings of columns. Select the column[s], then double click on that dividing line. The text will auto-fit. This is provided that your cell has not had line returns inserted [as in CTRL-SHIFT when entering data], I think.

David.
nataliad
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your reply

unfortunatelly, I had already tried to autofit by double clicking the column border, but it didnt work

the file was created by pasting some text data from a webpage into a calc file

is there any way to autofit it?
Dale
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: column width Reply with quote

As was writ:
David wrote:
There's a dividing line between the A | B | C | .... headings of columns. Select the column[s], then double click on that dividing line. The text will auto-fit. This is provided that your cell has not had line returns inserted [as in CTRL-SHIFT when entering data], I think.
(Bold is mine for emphasis)

You have to be sure that the data does not contain any hard line breaks - or odd characters that get interpreted as line breaks (you get all sorts of strange stuff off web pages). If you've already done this, I have no idea what is going on.

OOo documentation from the source
http://documentation.openoffice.org
Guides, FAQ, How Tos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: