OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How To Get Form To Display Data Using Drop-Down List?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpaulvalois
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:59 am    Post subject: How To Get Form To Display Data Using Drop-Down List? Reply with quote

I have created a table named CLIENT_INFO which contains the fields, CLENT_ID, LAST_NAME, FIRST_NAME, ADDRESS, and PHONE_NUMBER.

I would like to create a form which would provide a drop-down box which allows me to choose from an alphabetical list of cleints by LAST_NAME . Once I select a client, I would like the form to display the client's information.

Can someone plese get me started here?

I can make a drop-down list, but I can't get it list the client's information..

Thanks,
Patrick
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you create the combo box you should get a wizard that will walk you through setting up where the information is supposed to come from and all you have to do is pick the table and field that you want the box to list when clicking on the dropdown.
dfrench

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you add a list box (from the show form functions icon), an autopilot will prompt you for the datasource; then provide a selection of tables from which you choose one; then you get a choice of dataitems(columns) from the table. You will need a macro to do anything with the data that you have selected, link this to an event using the control properties. To get to the control properties right-click on control and choose 'control'. A search on this forum will find a number of examples of macros for dealing with controls.

If autopilot is disabled or you wish to modify the result of the operation above, the datasource & table can be entered or changed on the form properties and the dataitem on the control properties.

To get the form to display the other bits of client information, you will need a control (text box) for each item. Set the data items up for these in the same way.

If you start the whole task at File Autopilot Form you will be led through the steps to generate a complete form from a defined data source.
DeeAItch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know any existing macros that preform this kind of action?
How do I create a macro that fills in all the other fields when selected a "topic" in a specific filed-list-curtain?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: