OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

simple question: scroll between slides in normal view

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smiley_lauf
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: simple question: scroll between slides in normal view Reply with quote

Hi there. wonder if anyone could give some direction here.

In Impress, in Normal view I have the Slides on the left panel and the layout on the righ tpanel. The slides are in the center. I use a wheel to scroll up and down the slide I am working on, but I cant make the transition from one slide to the next using the scroll wheel on my mouse. Is this a feature (if so where do I disable it) or a bug? I would like to be able to move (transition between slides using the mosue wheel. For now I am clicking on the slides menue on the left panel to go from one slide ot the next.

In MS PowerPoint this is possible, and quite nifty. I have not been able to do this is Impress though.
Any suggestions? Sorry, i should have mentioend this, I have searched around here and google, and also gone thru the documentation (under help), but no tfound anything related this specific issue.

I am using OOo2.02 under Kubuntu 6.06 Linux

Many thanks in advance
regards
SL
micha137
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi smiley_lauf...

I have missed that feature too and couldnīt find it. I am afraid it is not yet there but wouldnīt consider it to be a bug.
It would be nice if you could research whether it has already been filed as an issue(missing feature or the like..) and would put it into that pipeline if this hasnīt been filed yet.
Maybe weīll see it then in a future version of impress.
smiley_lauf
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thiis is indeed sad that the feature has not ben implemented yet. I guess people with wheels on their mouse are the only ones missing it??

Where do I check that the issue has been filed?

Michael, thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
SL
micha137
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
You should look into the faq and select "report a bug". There it is nicely explained (although somewhat hard to find sometimes) how to research about a topic and, if you dontīt find any relating "issues", how to file it.
I did it sometimes already and always got timely responses. In some cases, I had missed the issue in my search even though it was already there, but the OO-People identified it as a multiple and referred to the root issue so I could also follow the procedure regarding that issue.
Sometimes it can be a bit frustrating if the issue , that is so important to you, is assigned to a later version which may come out in months or so. But I guess they have lots of work to do and especially now the state of the developer snapshot shows the need for urgent work on stability of the current developer version.....
We should do anything that helps them improve this fancy and free office suite and help us all to get truly independent of MS-Office.
micha137
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, I missed the straightest path.
Go to the download page for the developer version and you get a link to the issue filing and tracking procedures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: