OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

[solved]Control OO from php: start/stop server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpatic
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: [solved]Control OO from php: start/stop server Reply with quote

I have a web application that uses OpenOffice for document converting. I am starting OO as server and connect to it when I need to do a conversion. It all works fine, but I need to be able to control OO from the browser also, to be able to start and stop it when required just by accessing some php pages.
I am on FC2. First, I've made a system service, so I can start/stop OO just by running "service openOffice start", "service openOffice stop". I've created 2 shell scriots, start00.sh, stopoo.sh, which calls the service start and stop and I can start and stop OO from php, executing those shells (using popen, system, etc.)
OO starts and stops just fine,but when I try to connect to it it gives me NoConnectException: Connector : couldn't connect to socket
It seems that OO starting this way does not allow me to connect to it, but it all works fine if I just run the startoo.sh shell script, without calling it from php.
In both cases (calling from php or directly from the prompt) OO is shown in the system processes list in exactely the same way.
I believe is a problem of process ownership, but I could not figure how to solve it

Last edited by carpatic on Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
carpatic
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've solved it using sudoer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: