OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Batch mode conversion and word hidden text

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Batch mode conversion and word hidden text Reply with quote

Dear all,

I'm trying to convert a collection of documents in batch mode from word to text. I've taken the DocumentHandler from java/examples/ of the SDK 1.1. Works well for me apart from hidden text which does not appear in the conversion. How does one make it appear ?

I've tried to insert a false condition that is associated with the hidden text and then yes it does make it through the conversion when saving as text through the application.

Can this be done through the API or something similar that will bring the hidden text through in batch mode ?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mark
DannyB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like to convert a single document, you could do this...
1. Open Word doc in OOo.
2. Make any necessary alterations to document via. API.
3. Save document in new format.

Steps 1 and 3 together constitute a simple document format conversion. I've written many posts here in the past illustrating many simple document conversions.

A few of the example macros are available here...
http://kosh.datateamsys.com/~danny/OOo/Examples/Conversions/
These are all in Basic, not Java. Basic is very easy to work with, especially to do something as simple as the 1, 2, 3 steps above.

You can probably adapt one of these to save as text. See complete list of filters available in OOo, which I've posted in the Macros and API section before, under a descriptive subject name.
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3549

If you know what it is you want to do in step 2, then you're home free. Simply adape one of the examples linked above. Then run it in a loop over all of your documents.

Another alternative is to use a batch document converter I wrote and then "hack it" to do step 2 before saving the document. The batch document converter I wrote is on OOoMacros.org, here...
http://www.ooomacros.org/files.php?type=macro#DocumentConverter

In writing this, I am assuming that you are looking for a one-time batch conversion of documents, and need a quick and dirty utility. If you are needing to do this as part of a larger programming project, then the foregoing information may still be useful, but you'll have to do it in your programming language of choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: