OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Video in Impress
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VonSchlieffen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Video in Impress Reply with quote

I'm running the OpenOffice.org 1.1 Beta. I checked the Impress help files about inserting videos, and it said to go to Insert | Object | Video. The option to insert a video is there at the indicated location, but it is grayed out. Same for Sounds. Is there something that I'm missing? Is it something that I should have installed at installation? (I chose the typical installation)

Any help is much appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jmnbpt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Same prob in Linux, but not on M$Widows Reply with quote

I have the same problem in Linux. But on Evil Gates' M$Widowx 2K it works. PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME SWITCH WIDOX !!! I'm THIS close to wiping it out to make room for a new Linux partition.
TMC

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Video & Sound Reply with quote

Have similar problem in XP can insert video, but only icon appears video won't play when you play slide show.
scottcarr
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see the following issues on this:

http://www.openoffice.org/project/www/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=12911
http://www.openoffice.org/project/www/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=6979

Have fun...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
cpapan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject: openoffice and plugger Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm running OO 1.0.3 (I belive) under Suse Linux 8.2 on a PIII. I have plugger installed to handle the mutltimedia plugins for Netscape.
When specifying the plugins path to where the netscape plugins live, the insert->video option appears in OpenOffice. However, it does not work.
Does anyone have this gotten to work?
Many thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am having the same problem. I am using RH 8.0 and I have installed OOo 1.1rc3 and I have mplayer 0.90 installed and the mplayer-plugin installed. Video plays fine in Mozilla, and the insert/object/video link is active in OOo, but when I insert a video, it loads the mplayer-plugin, but nothing plays.

Have anyone gotten video working in Impress under Linux?
shamu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Video, avi, mpeg in Impress Reply with quote

Exactly like VonSchlieffen, the exact same thing happens, greyed out video and sound(although I have the final 1.1) I can not get anywhere trying to get video to play. I can insert one as a OLE object but all this does is play in a seperate window, which I must manualy start.
This is absoulately useless to me as I need to be able to insert video clips into a endless loop/unattended presentation. Or more to the point I want to be able to use my current Micro$oft presentation which contains media clips. Come to think of it even the animated GIF's refuse to work on Impress (which quite frankly dosen't for me) unless I rebuild the presentation from scratch in Impress and then the animated GIF's work.

Anyway, enough whinging. I thank scottcarr and others that I found in other threads, BUT I don't use Linux and have no intention of doing so.

Does anyone have ANY idea how to get around this problem in/under Window$ ????

Do I need to download a media plugin ?? If so, which one and where to get it....

As this thread is over 6 months old I won't hold my breath, but surely in this time someone has found a work around.

HELP!

Oh! and thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject: impress: insert video button grayed Reply with quote

Same problem with OO 1.1 release in SuSE 9.9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:36 am    Post subject: video in impress Reply with quote

I have it working, using Mandrake 9.1 and OO 1.1. I emailed the guy who committed the workaround for the video problem (find the link to the two issues above). It basically involves the installation of an mplayerplugin for netscape/ mozilla, that OO finds. You can then go Insert>Object>Plugin and choose any format that mplayer can play.

Problems:

1. I still haven't figured out how to control the video play (loop/start on mouse click and the like...). The author recommends a patched version of mplayer in combination with the plugin
2. The insterted video is in a square and resizing it to fit the original video size is different in editing mode and presentation mode.

But in general it works fine. I haven't used it extensivley but will play with it as I want to use it for my thesis presentation. The author has contacted the OO guys since all of the components are GPL so it should be an easy thing to include this into OO with a working setup right after installation.

Juergen
rtcastro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Video, avi, mpeg in Impress Reply with quote

Any workaround for Windows XP ??
This is killing me too ...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Video, avi, mpeg in Impress Reply with quote

rtcastro wrote:
Any workaround for Windows XP ??
This is killing me too ...

Simply install a video plugin for Netscape and it will be picked up by OO and you can insert movies. I personally check that Quicktime works, altough is a bit slow.

Juergen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Video, avi, mpeg in Impress Reply with quote

This is true for quicktime and .mov videos, but with .wmv (the mediaplayer8 plug-in) the video is treated as an OLE object instead of plug-in, and is displayed in the player window instead that inside Impress.

I've tryed by removing OLE information on .wmv, but now tha video is played by mediaplayer6 instead that mediaplayer8, always in a separate window.

Any advice?

Thank you.
Matteo.[/quote]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Video, avi, mpeg in Impress Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
This is true for quicktime and .mov videos, but with .wmv (the mediaplayer8 plug-in) the video is treated as an OLE object instead of plug-in, and is displayed in the player window instead that inside Impress.

I've tryed by removing OLE information on .wmv, but now tha video is played by mediaplayer6 instead that mediaplayer8, always in a separate window.

Any advice?

Thank you.
Matteo.
[/quote]

Well in that case, I guess all you can do is reencode the video into something that you can play inside impress. I always prefer any divx format (I personally use xvid) for all my scientific videos that I use in presentations, simply because they are very small in size compared to any other format.

juergen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: Video, avi, mpeg in Impress Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

Well in that case, I guess all you can do is reencode the video into something that you can play inside impress. I always prefer any divx format (I personally use xvid) for all my scientific videos that I use in presentations, simply because they are very small in size compared to any other format.

juergen

I can play _inside_ impress no video formats except quicktime .mov files, and I don't have software to encode quicktime; I can play divx, as avi as mpeg, as ole object, in a separate window of the relative player.
Do you play divx videos inside Impress full screen presentations? Do you use Windows or Linux?
I now use windows xp, and from a week I'm trying this with no results.
While with mozilla and the windows media player plugin I can play _inside_ the browser's window both avi and mpg files, OOo doesn't allow me to define plugin parameters for files that are also ole objects, and it always opens an external player with DDE ole instead than using the plugin; I also edited manually content.xml to add parameters, but OOo sets to zero all of them the next time I'll save.

I'll graduate in two weeks and I'm making the presentation with OOo, but if I cannot play videos directly inside the presentation, I have to switch to ppt.

Thank you.
Matteo
odd

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Video not working in Impress Windows XP Reply with quote

Still not working or have i been sleeping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: