OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

OOImpress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saughdar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:00 am    Post subject: OOImpress Reply with quote

Does annybody knows something about fast Power Point Presentations Viewer for linux?
I have OO Impress but it's too slow (On my machine-celeron300, 96MB RAM) I don't need do modyfing presentations I only want to view them.
Mary Christmas too all...!
ftack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are running Linux on 96 MBytes, and that's on the very low side for Linux. That is why larger applications take a long time in starting up. One up and running, it shouldn't be slow anymore. I have dualbooted Linux and Windows myself on a 128 MBytes and I found 128 MBytes to be a very minimum for Linux, compared to Windows ME at that time. Programs load slowly, but most apps run happily as long that there are not much more applications active. Having Mozilla and OOo up on the same time would already cause a lot of disk activity. As far as I know, the only software under Linux that can display PPT's near perfection is OOo. KPresent will also open ppt files, but don't have any expectations on what you see on screen, currently.
saughdar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You.
I was also running Koffice aplication for presentations but it wasn't running properly I mean not all formants were displayed like it was in OO.
Grant
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Another suggestion. Reply with quote

If you are using KOffice that impiles that you are using KDE.

This is by some accounts quite a resource hungry application and you might free up more memory by using one of the "lightweight" desktops such as Xfce.

The other thing to check is that you don't have too many services started by default as this might speed things up quite a bit.

Cheers,

Grant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: