OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum
 
 [Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Trendlines in histograms

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vomus
General User
General User


Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Trendlines in histograms Reply with quote

Hi!
I am trying to put a trendline on top of a histogram but it seems that a trendline can only be added to an xy-plot. All examples about trends I have seen so far talk about an xy-plot, not histograms.

Can anyone give a hint? If there is no way to do it directly, may be there is a workaround?

Thanks in advance,
Sergei
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RickRandom
Super User
Super User


Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Posts: 1082
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't ideal but....

Use the SLOPE and INTERCEPT functions to define the trendline, and use the combined bar-graph and line chart.

I haven't worked it all out yet though....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User


Joined: 08 Aug 2005
Posts: 6732
Location: Kingston ON Canada

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Trendlines in histograms Reply with quote

vomus wrote:
Hi!
I am trying to put a trendline on top of a histogram but it seems that a trendline can only be added to an xy-plot. All examples about trends I have seen so far talk about an xy-plot, not histograms.

Can anyone give a hint? If there is no way to do it directly, may be there is a workaround?

Thanks in advance,
Sergei


How are you creating the histogram? Are you presorting into bins?
_________________
jrkrideau
Kingston ON Canada
Currently using Windows 7 & OOo 3.4.0 and Ubuntu 12.04 & LibreOffice 3.5.2.2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vomus
General User
General User


Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Trendlines in histograms Reply with quote

jrkrideau wrote:
vomus wrote:
Hi!
I am trying to put a trendline on top of a histogram but it seems that a trendline can only be added to an xy-plot. All examples about trends I have seen so far talk about an xy-plot, not histograms.

Can anyone give a hint? If there is no way to do it directly, may be there is a workaround?

Thanks in advance,
Sergei


How are you creating the histogram? Are you presorting into bins?


No. It is not really a histogram but rather a bar chart.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vomus
General User
General User


Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickRandom wrote:
It isn't ideal but....

Use the SLOPE and INTERCEPT functions to define the trendline, and use the combined bar-graph and line chart.

I haven't worked it all out yet though....


Yeah, I have figured that much. But there is one question related to this. How do I change a data range for this line if I want more points on the curve than on the bars?

Sergei
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group