OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Pasting from web to writer, without hyperlinks and graphics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cothrige

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Pasting from web to writer, without hyperlinks and graphics Reply with quote

I used to have something in my options which allowed me to directly cut and paste from Firefox to an OOo writer document and get text in the document's font, without the hyperlinks and graphics. However, I recently messed that up somehow and now cannot remember what I had done to make this possible.

Now, if I highlight text with links and graphics in Firefox and then middle click in the document I have links and boxes for graphics. The formatting is all goofy without line breaks and so on either, which I used to have. It takes quite some time to go back and alter everything a piece at a time, and I would love to have the convenience I once did for getting text in my document's format rather than in that of the web.

I have been over the menus and the options several times and cannot figure out what I need to change. Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance,

Patrick
acknak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit > Paste Special > Unformatted Text (or, Ctrl+Shift+V).
cothrige

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acknak wrote:
Edit > Paste Special > Unformatted Text (or, Ctrl+Shift+V).

Many thanks for that. A little different than how it used to work for me, but probably better in that now I will be able to copy in hyperlinks when I want, and in the past I had obviously managed to turn that off altogether.

Thanks again.

Patrick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: