OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Runing macro when document is closed [solved]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oisín_
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Runing macro when document is closed [solved] Reply with quote

Under Tools -> Configure -> Events in Writer there are two events regarding the closing of a document: Document close and Document is closing (in German i.e Dokument schließen and Dokument wird geschlossen.
The first is executed before the user is asked whether he is sure and whether he wants to save and the second is executed when the document is really closed. In my case, I want to implement the second but here is my problem: Writer seems to dispose the basic code before the macro is executed thus throwing an error upon closing the document.

To reproduce try the following:
- Create a new Writer document
- Create a macro. eg:
Code:
Sub DocumentIsClosing
   msgbox "DocumentIsClosing"
End Sub

- Tools -> Configure -> Events -> Document is closing -> Assign --> select the unnamed document -> Standard -> Modul1 -> DocumentIsClosing --> OK --> OK
- save the document
- close the document --> Error in scripting framework: BasicProviderImpl::getScript: no script!

What am I doing wrong? How can I execute a macro upon closing a document?

Thanks a lot for any ideas.

Last edited by Oisín_ on Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
noranthon
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will need to put the macro in another library - not in a library of the document which is closing / has closed. It could go into the Standard "My Macros & Dialogs" library.
Oisín_
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@noranthon
If I understand this correctly I have to install a library with this macro on the user's computer. Am I right?

Here is my scenario: I have an form that the user can load via a webclient. The fields in the form are generated just before download. Upon opening the document I assign Listeners to some of the controls in the form. These have to be cleared when the document is closed because OOo crashes when this isn't done (see Crash on closing OOo with TextListeners in form using Basic).

If I have some code in an external library the user has not only to download the form to fill but also the library and he has to install the library which is too complicated for the average user! Thus I want all my code in the document that the user downloads.

IMO this is a bug in OOo. My suggestion would be that either OOo clears all listeners itself without crashing or that the code of macros is executed just before the document is closed, the same as it is done in Word AFAIK.
Oisín_
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oisín_ wrote:
IMO this is a bug in OOo. My suggestion would be that either OOo clears all listeners itself without crashing or that the code of macros is executed just before the document is closed, the same as it is done in Word AFAIK.

Reported as issue #70149
Zarius
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oisín,

In the meantime there is another way to do this and still keep the macro within the document. The code below is stored within the documents' macro & attached to the "open document" (or "create document" for a template) event. It registers an event listener - then when the document is closed the second function is called before the document is actually disposed of (& after the "do you wish to save" prompt). I've tested it in Staroffice 7 & OOo 2 and had no issues so far.

Code:
sub Doc_event_OpenDocument()
   ' Create an event listener object.
   ' The object is an internal implementation provided by the OOo Basic.
   ' When the disposing event of the listener is called, then the
   '  event listener object created by Basic will call the global
   '  sub with the name we asked for, plus the event name.
   oEventListener = CreateUnoListener( "ThisDocCloseListener_", "com.sun.star.lang.XEventListener" )

' Plug the event listener into this document.
   ThisComponent.addEventListener( oEventListener )
End Sub

Sub ThisDocCloseListener_disposing( oEvent )   
   MsgBox( "The document " + oEvent.Source.URL + "is being disposed of." )
End Sub

Oisín_
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarius wrote:
Hi Oisín,
In the meantime there is another way to do this and still keep the macro within the document. (....) It registers an event listener - then when the document is closed the second function is called before the document is actually disposed of (& after the "do you wish to save" prompt). (....)

Thanks a lot. That works like a charm Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: