OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Newbie question, and I'm new here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Newbie question, and I'm new here Reply with quote

Hi! I'm Comran from Germany, and I will join you here because since 3 days I started working with OpenOffice API. I will port some macros for a lot of documents I did in StarOffice 5.1.

I am experienced with C++, Basic, Java and some other product languages. After changing to OpenOffice I have to admit that the start with UNO is one of the heaviest I ever experienced Embarassed

My first simple question: how did you find an entrance to the OOo-API? I have the SDK with the developers guide and the API reference, but I ask myself if this is all. I find no simple structure to start with and have no concept. For example: in many code snippets I find the access to a spreadsheet like "ThisComponent.sheets (x)". What's about this sheets-Array? Where do you find an explanation for it in the SDK documentation? If I look for a SpreadsheetDocument service I only find the XSpreadsheetDocument interface with a getSheets-Method. OK, this works, but I hate finding code which I can't explain by myself Laughing You must have another documentation, or you have a lot of time Laughing

At the moment I fight with a combobox within a spreadsheet. I want to use the "addItems"-Method, but I can't find a way to the control - only to the component (which does not provide "addItems"). How do I do that?

OK, I will read a lot of threads here, and perhaps my question had already appeared in the past, but any hint will be appreciated. That was my introduction, and I hope to get in closer touch with this API one day and may give answers here, too, one day Wink
Comran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops, now I logged in with my account Shocked
Toxitom
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Comran,

a very good first step exploring the basic-IDE and simple commands is the Sun Programmers Guide, which you can find at:
ftp://docs-pdf.sun.com/817-1826-10/817-1826-10.pdf
The same document ist translated to German:
http://docs.sun.com/db/doc/817-3924?l=de

Referenz to your Combo-Box Question:
have a look at http://www.amt-wiesbaden.de, there you will find some nice exambles of using Basic-Code, even Comboboxes (include "Additem" ...)
Try "Fahrtenbuch_Muster" , it still have a good documentation (in german!)

Thomas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might also find www.ooomacros.org useful. There is a macro there called X-Ray, which is particulartly useful.
Henrik
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

you might take a look at the thread "getControl() and ActiveSheet". Anyway here are some code so you'll be able to use addItem:

Dim oSheet As Object
oSheet = ThisComponent.Sheets.GetByName(sheetName) 'Sheet1

Dim oDpage As Object
oDpage = oSheet.DrawPage

Dim oForm As Object
oForm = oDpage.Forms.getByName(formName) 'Standard

Dim oCtrlModell As Object
Dim oCtrl As Object

oCtrlModell = oForm.getByName(listboxName) 'listbox
oCtrl = ThisComponent.CurrentController.getControl(oCtrlModell)

oCtrl.addItem("Item #1")

Henrik
Comran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie question, and I'm new here Reply with quote

Thank you very much, everyone. Smile Smile Smile

The basic cookbook was what I was missing. I downloaded the german version and will try this out. I looked at the code samples and I think that especally the introduction to StarBasic with the API was my lack.

But nevertheless: the workflow with the old StarOffice-API was much better...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: