OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Print Preview : how to limit preview to active worksheet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vimalgoyal
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Print Preview : how to limit preview to active worksheet Reply with quote

When I go to print preview in Calc, it shows preview of all the sheets in the file. Can I limit the print preview only to the active worksheet, if yes, please guide me about the command.

When I am in normal view of the worksheet, it does not show where the page is breaking and I have to go to "page break view". Can I get to see the page setting while in normal view (this facility is available in MS Excel)
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I understand what you want.

Select the entire current work sheet with the upper left grey box, Format > Print Ranges > Define. If this is the only defined print range then Page Preview will be limited to it. Don't forget to Remove this definition later.
vimalgoyal
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but this provides only a partial solution.

While working on one sheet, I do not want to be bothered about other worksheets.

There is a command File>Print>Options = Print only selected sheets. Don't we have similar command for print preview in Openoffice. How do we see only the current / active sheet in print preview (not going through selection mode).

Can I get to see the page setting (at which row and column the page breaks) while in normal view (All these facilities are available in MS Excel)
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vimalgoyal wrote:
Can I get to see the page setting (at which row and column the page breaks) while in normal view (All these facilities are available in MS Excel)

The page breaks are shown in normal view (if enabled in Tools > Options > Openoffice.org Calc > View > Visual Aids). They are darker that the grid lines but not obvious. They can be made more obvious by changing the color setting Tools > Options > Openoffice.org > Appearance > Custom Colors > Spreadsheet > Automatic page breaks.
vimalgoyal
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BillP.

Can u also please guide me on the following query : There is a command File>Print>Options = Print only selected sheets. Don't we have similar command for print preview in Openoffice. How do we see only the current / active sheet in print preview (not going through selection mode).
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vimalgoyal wrote:
Can u also please guide me on the following query : There is a command File>Print>Options = Print only selected sheets. Don't we have similar command for print preview in Openoffice. How do we see only the current / active sheet in print preview (not going through selection mode).

There is no such command in Calc. You have to use the method given by JohnV. The Migration Guide explains this under Printing in the chapter "Differences in Use between Calc and Excel".

http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/0600MG-MigrationGuide.pdf
vimalgoyal
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/0600MG-MigrationGuide.pdf

Dear BillP,
There is some problem in the given link : it says file not found. Could u give me the latest link please. Migration guide will be really useful for me.
geoff80fg
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That link works fine for me. Opens a 143 page PDF file.

Geoff
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John's method (select all cells of one sheet and define print range) does not work because print ranges are set per sheet.
If you want the one sheet's print range to be the only one:
Select all sheets (context-menu of sheets tab)
Format>PrintRanges>Remove
Ctrl+Click one sheet (unselect)
Click the same sheet (select this sheet alone)
Having all print ranges removed, preview will show the used ranges of all sheets.
Now set a single print range of one sheet:
Select one range, multiple ranges or entire sheet
Format>PrintRanges>Define
Preview will show the print range(s) of the single sheet.
Lawn Bowler
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: how to limit preview to active worksheet Reply with quote

I have prepared a number of linked sheets and by setting the print area for each sheet find that when I select page preview it opens up on the page that I am working with.

Give that a try and see if it suits you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: