OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Anything such as a 'master reset'?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caminos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Anything such as a 'master reset'? Reply with quote

I just started using OpenOffice 2.1 and decided to tweak the settings a little bit to see how they're different from MS Office. However, I would now like to reset every option back to what it was when I first installed OOo. The 'Back' button doesn't really help because it reverts to the settings that I last saved, not the defaults that were available on first install. Is there any sort of 'master reset' then, short of reinstalling OOo completely?
james_h
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: OOo 2: How to reset user settings Reply with quote

OpenOffice.org 2: How to reset user settings

You could delete your user settings folder, which contain the settings you have changed.

For Windows XP, multiuser install, check in C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\OpenOffice.org2\user\. For Linux, the directory is hidden, so you won't normally see it in your file browser. However, you can find it at: $HOME/.openoffice.org2/user/.

In the future, you might find it useful to set up a temporary user account for testing purposes, and then just delete the account when you have finished testing.
caminos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: