OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Envelope Printing Anomaly or Bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thomasjk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Envelope Printing Anomaly or Bug Reply with quote

I had an occasion to print some envelopes for two Christmas cards for which we received late information. I had printed labels for all of our other cards and didn't want to print just 2 labels. Anyway I followed what I thought was a process that ought to work:
I opened the envelope file I needed and selected print to do the merge. I the then selected the two records. I clicked on the first record and then held down the CTRL key and selected the second record. Well, lo and behold only the first record selected actually printed on the envelope. I tried a second time and selected the second record and then the first record while holding down the CTRL key. This time only the second record printed on the envelope.
Since I had my two envelopes I proceeded to experiment and discovered that in order for this process to work properly you have to HOLD DOWN THE CTRL KEY when selecting the first record and all subsequent records. If you just click on the first record to select it you will get only one envelope printed.
I don't know if this is unique to OOO 2.1 or if this was also there in 2.0.4. May be some one running 2.0.4 can confirm if this is the case. It seems that just selecting the first should work but it doesn't. I think this is a bug.
I'm running XP Home with SP2.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't confirm. I opened the Bibliography DB, dragged the Identifier field into a new doc., clicked Print icon, selected 2 noncontiguous records in the normal manner, clicked OK and got 2 sheets printed. OOo2.1 under W2K.

When you select the second record does the first remain highlighted?

Last edited by JohnV on Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
thomasjk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does remain highlighted. If I select a contiguous series of records using the SHFT key it works as expected. I have no idea why this would occur.

I just tried this again and I could not duplicate my results from yesterday. I clicked on the first record and then CTRL Clicked the second. I got two documents. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: