OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

desactivate filter option ASCII

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: desactivate filter option ASCII Reply with quote

Hello!
I copied all my files from a pc with Oo 2.0 (PC with windows 2000 pro) to a new one with Oo 2.1 (PC also with windows 2000 pro) and all the recently crdated or modified CALC (.ods) files don't open anymore. The window "filter option ASCII" appears, and whatever the choice I make, a WRITER file opens with non lisible signs.
Il a transform the extension file in EXCEL (.xls), il opens directly but also in non lisible signs.
Can I get my files normal again, and how please?
Catherine
noranthon
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you still open the files on the computer with OOo 2.0? Is it only the copies on the new computer which do not open?

You cannot, I believe, convert the files to excel files just by changing the file extension.
pulsifer
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOo uses "filters" to read and write files in different formats. It looks like OOo thinks the file you are trying to open is an ascii file. This means either the file is corrupt, OOo's format detection is broken, or the necessary file filter is broken. If you have a document you could share, that might be helpful to the OOo developers. See
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?p=204560&highlight=#204560

In terms of getting this working, you can also try File | Open then navigate to the file, and instead of immediately clicking Open and letting OOo try to figure out the file format, select the correct format in the File Type drop down list, then click Open.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: