OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Bug: Format pencil on nested list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grandis
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Bug: Format pencil on nested list Reply with quote

HI

Sorry if I miss-spell some functions, but that's because I use the norwegian version of OO.

The error (or maybe It's somehow designed to behave that way) occours when I have a numbered list combined with underpoints that's separated by a letter and a pharantes ")" and use the format pencil (or whatever it's called in english version).

Anyway, pictures can describe more than tousands word, so I goes for pictures:

And the result is like shown here:

As you can see, the point 2a has now became 3 instead (I wish not). And I'm sure I didn't copy format from text in point 1, it was from point 1a indeed.

It seems that this error just occurs on some few combinations of list-types (type of numbering symbols). I tried a couple of other list-types with a combination og decimals and romans numbers, but without getting the same problem.
Hagar Delest
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a problem with your first pic ! we can't see it.

[Edit] It's fine now.

Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All items in a numbered list have the same format. The number style for each item depends on the outline level of the item. It looks like line 3) has the same outline level as line 1) and line 2) instead of the outline level of line a). The level is shown in the Status Bar. You can demote the outline level for line 3) by clicking in line 3), pressing the Home key then pressing the Tab key or by clicking the Demote One Level button on the Bullets and Numbering Toolbar.
Hagar Delest
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I confirm this is rather strange : the 'paste format' feature only applies the list style and not the level. It has the same behavior as applying the style from double-click in the Stylist.

You can file a enhancement request if you want, see here : Rough step-by-step instructions reporting bugs. It doesn't seem to have been reported yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: