OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Newbie Qs: Double-Spacing and Fonts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgallanis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Newbie Qs: Double-Spacing and Fonts Reply with quote

I just downloaded and installed X11 and OpenOffice.org, and in the short time I've had it up & running, I must say I'm very impressed. Two (probably obvious) questions--(1) how do you choose to vary the spacing, as to double space or space and a half portions of a document; and (2) can you add fonts, and if so, how does one do it?
Thanks in advance, and congratulations to all those who worked and are working on this project.
The Liquidator
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

I can answer your 1st point - spacing.

Right click on the paragraph and select "paragraph". Select the tab "indents and spacing" and you will see a spacing selector.

Alternatively, place the cursor on the toolbar just above the doc. Right click and select visible buttons. You will then see a list. There will be a couple of spacing options there. Select them and icons will then be on the toolbar.

Sorry don't know about the other question as my main experience is with Windows

Ian
ftack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Linux, you can make fonts available to OOo by running the spadmin program. Try to locate the installation guide on the internet, or get it from the installation archive of OOo. there is some explanation there. The article "fabulous fonts under Linux" (http://theregus.com/content/4/26770.html ) may also help you a big deal. It did for me!
The Liquidator
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx

I have read about spadmin and will give it a try. However, at this stage I have only been able to install OOo in Linux as a user only. I did try installing as root and then a sub-install as user but it wouldn't let me. I shall have to re-read the installation instructions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: