OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

change author

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
my_vine_figtree
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: change author Reply with quote

When I save an .odt document and then check the document properties - the document properties automatically lists me as the document's author. Is there a way of listing different author names for different documents?

Adam
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: change author Reply with quote

my_vine_figtree wrote:
When I save an .odt document and then check the document properties - the document properties automatically lists me as the document's author. Is there a way of listing different author names for different documents?

Adam

Yes, I think this works Tools > Options > OOo > user data. Type in the name of the new author.
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: change author Reply with quote

jrkrideau wrote:
Yes, I think this works Tools > Options > OOo > user data. Type in the name of the new author.

This works if you change the user data before creating a new document. For existing documents you can unzip the odt file and change the "initial-creator" in meta.xml.

I found two similar enhancement requests to allow changing the author in File > Properties:

http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=59224

http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=59626
my_vine_figtree
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For existing documents you can unzip the odt file and change the "initial-creator" in meta.xml.

How do you do this?

Adam
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using a version of Windows which supports compressed folders:
    1. Change the filename extension from .odt to .zip. Windows will then show the file as a compressed folder.
    2. Double-click the folder to open it.
    3. Drag the meta.xml file out of the folder to your Desktop (this unzips the file).
    4. Right-click the meta.xml file and open it with a text editor such as Notepad.
    5. Using the text editor, change the name between the <meta:initial-creator> tag and the </meta:initial-creator> tag.
    6. Save and close the file.
    7. Drag the meta.xml file back to the compressed folder.
    8. Close the compressed folder and change it's filename extension from .zip back to .odt.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At File > Properties > General tab you will find a Apply User Data box and a Delete button.

From Help:
Quote:
Delete
Resets the editing time to zero, the creation date to the current date and time, and the version number to 1. The modification and printing dates are also deleted.

If you check the box and click Delete then the current user will also become the Author.

If you only want to change the Author or change the Author to someone other than the current user then this macro will do so.
Code:
Sub ChangeAuthor
Dim props,sAns
props = ThisComponent.getDocumentInfo
sAns = InputBox("Enter author name.","Change Author",)
If sAns = "" then End
props.Author = sAns
End Sub
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: