OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Is it possible to automatically hide a sheet for printing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
furidan
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Is it possible to automatically hide a sheet for printing? Reply with quote

I have a spreadsheet with several sheets. 1 of them contains nothing but instructions and reference fields etc. I want it available all the time while working in Ooo, but NEVER want to print it. Is there a way to format the sheet so that it is always skipped in the print process? Something along the lines of "Hide for printing". Right now, I have to either Hide the sheet I don't want to print, or specifically select the ones that I do. I would like it if it were automatic.

Chris
markmc2
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a few files that work that way.
Go to the sheet you don't want to print then on the menu bar select:
format, print ranges,delete. Going to: view, page break preview will let you see what prints and what doesn't. After deleting the sheet you don't want to print should appear grey. In page break preview, you can also drag the blue lines to alter the print area for a page.
I have one that is more complicated to deal with where I have buttons with macros assigned to them. The macros hide the current sheet, go to a seperate sheet and refresh a range, then I hit print. Made those with the macro recorder, I'm a newbie like you, no code maven fersure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: