OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Get the clipboard : timer ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gloops

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Get the clipboard : timer ? Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I use a macro to transmit the contents of the selection to a program that was written in VB6.

I meet a problem : whereas this works quite fine from Excel, from Ooo (Calc) it seems the clipboard remains locked, and the external application cannot get the information from it. It works if I close the external application and launch it again directly with a Windows shortcut, but this is not that handy.

If I execute the code step by step, it works fine.

So, I imagine a good idea could be to launch the external application from a timer, rather than from the macro that copies the information to the clipboard : that could let time to release the clipboard (the CloseClipboard API does not do it).

So, where do I find the steps to create a timer in Ooo ?
Gloops

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,

I kept on trying ...

For sure the timer will be useful in some circumstances.

For this project, it appeared the clipboard is unlocked after about ten seconds, is any program called afterwards or not.

I obtained the attended result by modifying the target program, so that it waits for the clipboard reading to be successful.

Any hint about getting the clipboard closed quickerly ?

Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: