OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Moving objects, holding down mouse longer disables helper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rfc
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Moving objects, holding down mouse longer disables helper Reply with quote

Hi,

when I drag around objects and wait more than one second to move the object the helper lines suddenly disappear. Can I turn off this behavior somewhere? I don't want the helper lines to be hidden and often I cannot and don't want to move the object immediately.

thx
keme

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it can be turned off, but I can tell you why it happens:
When the helper lines/object coutour disappear, it tells you that you can drag the object(s) to a different layer. Just drag&drop on the layer tab, and the object will be at the same position, but on the new layer.
acknak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. Holding the mouse for a second or so before you move triggers a different operation. Moving the mouse before that point is a simple object-move operation and is limited to the current sheet. After that delay, it becomes a drag & drop and you can drag the object to a different layer, as keme described, or to another page, or to another window. Holding Ctrl during the drag will copy the object.

It's nice to have easy access to the drag & drop, but the mysterious mode switch and the loss of simple move functionality, as you've noted, make this a poor design, IMO, but it is what it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: