OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Convert selected cells from sheet to formatted text file.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qolio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Convert selected cells from sheet to formatted text file. Reply with quote

OK so what I want to do is select certain cells from a spreadsheet and save them as a formatted text file. By formatted, I mean that some of the cells should be joined together (concatenated?) into a string, while other cells should have a simple line break after them and if there are null values, these should be ignored. This last because the amount of data in the sheet will not always be the same from example to example.

I know I can us the concatenate function to make a string of the sort that I want so thats not a problem, its the line breaks and ignoring null values that I need answers on.

Anyone got any ideas how I might do this? Please if you do, keep it simple because I need ste by step instructions (just stupid I guess Wink )
squenson
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qolio,

I am not sure that I understand what you mean by a line break. If you want to insert a Ctrl-Alt-Enter in a cell, I don't know whether it is possible with a formula. What you can do is add to a cell the Enter character with CHAR(13). It will not be visible on the screen, but if you copy/paste that cell in a text editor, a blank line will be inserted.

If you want to ignore blank cells, you can use the function: =IF(ISBLANK(A1;...;...)

If it does not help, please give me more information. You can even post a sample of what you want to achieve at http://www.mediafire.com (free, no registration required) and post the link to this forum so we can have a look at the file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: