OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

No text in slide show mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D8TA
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: No text in slide show mode Reply with quote

I have a presentation that looks fine but once you place the slides into slide show mode most, if not all, the text is not visible. This presentation works fine in PowerPoint and the text color is just black, blue and some red hightlights. No images just text and bullets. It does this on every slide during the presentation using the slide show mode.

Any thoughts?
acknak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What color is the slide background? OOo sometimes has trouble automatically selecting a text color when the background is black or dark.

Did you create the presentation in Impress?

Is it saved as .odp--or is it a .ppt file?

What happens if you export to PDF?

Can you post a copy of your document that we can test? It may be a problem specific to your system.
D8TA
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The background is white. The presentation was created using Impress but another presentation was created using a template that was created with PowerPoint that has the company logo, etc on each slide. It is a ppt file and when I export it to a PDF everything looks fine.
acknak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the problem happens with two separate presentation files, one from Impress and one from PPT?

Has Impress ever worked on your system? Or did it only recently start having a problem?

In a pinch, you can export to PDF and use that for presenting. I actually prefer doing that unless I can run it on my own computer.
D8TA
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we are trying to see if OO can be used instead of Office 03. I would be fine with exporting to PDF for presenting but others will want to use Impress like PowerPoint to present their slides.

Yes, Impress has worked and does work unless templates are used from what I can tell. PowerPoint the slides work just fine.
acknak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two possible problems: first, that Impress has a bug that prevents the text from being drawn correctly on the screen. From your description, it sounds like this is not the case. If it was, then Impress would not work at all.

Or, second, that Impress has a problem using files or templates created in MS PowerPoint.

I'm still not 100% clear what you're doing, but it really doesn't matter--those are pretty much your two choices.

If the problem is the first, then there's no choice but to fix Impress. If the problem is the second, then you can "fix it" yourself by not using the files that come from Powerpoint. OOo tries hard to be compatible with the files MSOffice creates, but it's not perfect and there are often glitches.

If you want to try and dig any deeper, then you'll have to find a way to share a copy of the files you're having trouble with.

If you need to keep it confidential, use the PM button and we can set up an email exchange.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: