OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

LaTeX or OpenOffice.org Math
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert-Bruce
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u use Linux OS then try TEXMACS
it's a graphical formula editor as OOo maths but with a lot of capacities.

it's easier than OOo maths i think 'cause u don't have to open a window to access symbols : it's boring in OOo to have to catch them with >Tools>symbol

in TextMacs u write and click directly on a permanent list without opening and closing windows

But may be i have't found the way to do it a simple way........if u have pleaaaase give me !
mst

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: symbols in oo math Reply with quote

Robert-Bruce wrote:
if u use Linux OS then try TEXMACS
it's easier than OOo maths i think 'cause u don't have to open a window to access symbols : it's boring in OOo to have to catch them with >Tools>symbol
But may be i have't found the way to do it a simple way........if u have pleaaaase give me !

you may just enter %<greek name> for a symbol like %sigma for the lowercase sigma and %SIGMA for uppercase.

regards markus
Gus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fedetxf wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
LaTeX isn't a window s like program for writing documents, you write something like a program and "compile" it into dvi, ps or pdf

It's a big disadvantage when you want a bit of formulas and a lot of text, isn't it?

I don't think so; I study Philosophy and I've not so much formulas, but Latex it's better (with respect to Word for istance) also on simple layout and formatting text.
No idea on OO.
Bye,

Gus
KirkJobSluder
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved latex but had to give up on it because way too many journals in my field want to see RTF and Microsoft word copy. After spending a few weeks trying to get good RTF output out of LaTeX, I gave up on it and switched to OpenOffice.
StaalMannen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: LaTeX forums Reply with quote

Hi. Does anybody know of any real good online tutorials/howto's for LaTeX? I would also be interested if anybody know of any LaTeX forums where one could get answers to questions like "why doesn't this thing compile?", and "what does this error message mean?". If not, does anybody know how to fix this error?( I am using pdflatex in Unix):

Runaway argument?
{blahblahblah \ETC.
! File ended while scanning use of \@footnotetext.

The TEX file doesn't end where the error message says it does, it goes on an and on. But the output pdf document ends before the footnote is printed.

I will be grateful for any answer.

And yes, I'm a Latex nubie. Laughing
RGB
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://latex.s-v-p.de/
An amazing list of latex tips and triks
RGB
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost forgot it!
If you want a graphical interfase for latex (much much better than the expensive scientific word, and for free!), you could try with lyx
www.lyx.org for the original linux and mac proyect
http://www.home.zonnet.nl/rareitsma/lyx/ for the windows port
I use OOo for almost everything, except documents with great number of equations and/or graphics. For this, latex is still better.
guest2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: I prefer latex Reply with quote

I think it is easy to write formula,
especially for lots of formula,
Erwann Keravis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: insering pictures +formulae in pdfLatex with OOdraw Reply with quote

Idea
As every body knows Psfrag does NOT exist for pdfLatex files but you may export from OOdraw, nice pictures with a lot of OOmath formulae written on them !!! .... Remember that Mayuradraw is not free anymore and has a limited number of avalaible fonts.
E.K.
jmfv
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Latex in Openoffice made possible Reply with quote

A simple but complete tool to write Latex formulas in Openoffice:

OOLatexMacro
http://www.fyma.ucl.ac.be/wiki/~piroux/OOo+macro

(I've posted this message elsewhere, but this is the first forum that appears in Google, so I'm posting duplicate. I hope this helps OO users)
vasilis
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Latex in Openoffice made possible Reply with quote

jfvasconcelos wrote:
A simple but complete tool to write Latex formulas in Openoffice:

OOLatexMacro

(I've posted this message elsewhere, but this is the first forum that appears in Google, so I'm posting duplicate. I hope this helps OO users)

Hi, I tried this Macro, but I am getting an error regarding some libraries: It says that
/opt/OpenOffice.org/program/libgcc_s.so.1:version GCC_3.3 not found (required by
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.4/libstdc++.so.6)
Any idea how to fix this problem?

Thank you
jmfv
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi, I tried this Macro, but I am getting an error regarding some libraries: It says that
/opt/OpenOffice.org/program/libgcc_s.so.1:version GCC_3.3 not found (required by

Do you have gcc installed?
vasilis
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfvasconcelos wrote:
Quote:

Do you have gcc installed?

Yes, I do
I fixed it by copying libgcc_s.so.1 from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.4/ to
/opt/OpenOffice.org/program/
gpiroux
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Latex in Openoffice made possible Reply with quote

vasilis wrote:

Thank you

Hi !

Very strange ! What is your linux distribution ? I think that's a problem with OOo's build.
I know that OOo from Ubuntu has problem with the macro...
Regards,

gpiroux
---
http://www.fyma.ucl.ac.be/wiki/~piroux/home
Sinister Angel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: LaTeX forums Reply with quote

StaalMannen wrote:
Hi. Does anybody know of any real good online tutorials/howto's for LaTeX? I would also be interested if anybody know of any LaTeX forums where one could get answers to questions like "why doesn't this thing compile?", and "what does this error message mean?". If not, does anybody know how to fix this error?( I am using pdflatex in Unix):

Runaway argument?
{blahblahblah \ETC.
! File ended while scanning use of \@footnotetext.

The TEX file doesn't end where the error message says it does, it goes on an and on. But the output pdf document ends before the footnote is printed.

I will be grateful for any answer.

And yes, I'm a Latex nubie. Laughing

My man, I was a LaTeX n00b as well. It's really not too bad. Here is the tutorial I learned off of: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/lshort/english/lshort.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: