OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

X server need when using OO via command line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chan31

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: X server need when using OO via command line Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using OO in a command line to convert RTF document into PDF document.

This translation is launched several times in parallel but my X virtual server under
solaris does not allow parallel connections. This makes translations fail ?

My question is : is there a way to make OO do not need a X server to execute
the translation ?

Thanks in advance,

Baptiste

In detail, the command line is :
soffice -invisible "macro:///SurcoufLibrary.Conversion.ConvertWordToPDF($1, $2)"

I call a macro which processes the conversion, maybe there is a better to use OO
for such a task ?
iceddante
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Running in Parallel Reply with quote

I am having a bit of a hard time understanding exactly the nature of your problem. You say you want to run the macro without using XServer, but that the problem is running your macro in parallel. These seem to be different problems here.

Indeed, OpenOffice is not a good choice for running parallel jobs. It tends to crash when inundated so its best to synchronize your calls and try the XVFB (Virtual Frame Buffer) as an alternative.
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: X server need when using OO via command line Reply with quote

chan31 wrote:
My question is : is there a way to make OO do not need a X server to execute the translation ?

Short answer: No!

Everything else has been said in the previous post in this thread like "OOo is not a good choice for running parallel jobs", "synchronize your calls" and "use xvfb as an alternative".

Regards
hol.sten
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: