OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Header / Footer only on page one of document?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatgreta
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Header / Footer only on page one of document? Reply with quote

Hi,

Is it possible to have a header / footer appear only on the first page of a document?

Thanks,

Chris
floris_v

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. You use page styles for headers and footers. So use page style First for the first page and enable heacers and footers there, then disable them for other page styles.

For the record, there's a sticky thread about header and footer related questions, it helps a lot if you read that first.
fatgreta
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

floris_v wrote:
Yes. You use page styles for headers and footers. So use page style First for the first page and enable heacers and footers there, then disable them for other page styles.

For the record, there's a sticky thread about header and footer related questions, it helps a lot if you read that first.

Excellent, thanks for the tip. I'll look more closely at the sticky's from now on.

Chris
fatgreta
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

floris_v wrote:

Hi again,

Well, two things. I've tried to use the help feature with page styles to figure this out, and I'm beyond confused by that. So I'm looking for the sticky mentioned above, and I don't see that either.

I've got a document that I have a header in. When I try to take it off of of either page style, it comes off of both. I've tried doing this in my original document, and I've tried creating a new document, using First Page page style, followed by Default page style. I turn header on in First Page, then in Organizer click Default as the next page style, and select header off. It's either on or off in both pages after I do that. Please help me figure this out, or point me to the sticky about working with headers and footers.

Thanks,

Chris
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatgreta wrote:
floris_v wrote:

Hi again,

Well, two things. I've tried to use the help feature with page styles to figure this out, and I'm beyond confused by that. So I'm looking for the sticky mentioned above, and I don't see that either.

I've got a document that I have a header in. When I try to take it off of of either page style, it comes off of both. I've tried doing this in my original document, and I've tried creating a new document, using First Page page style, followed by Default page style. I turn header on in First Page, then in Organizer click Default as the next page style, and select header off. It's either on or off in both pages after I do that. Please help me figure this out, or point me to the sticky about working with headers and footers.

Thanks,

Chris

The sticky is http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=26920 , Headers and footers and page numbers are dealt with in the same way in in OOo

Quick example

Open new file
type in some text. then
Insert > Manual Break > Page break > select new style (use left page for now)

Now when you insert a header on the first page it will only be on the first page.

You can insert a new header on the second page that will be different from the first page. This header will continue until you insert a pagebreak with a new style.
floris_v

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The title is rather misleading: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=26920

Alright, a walkthrough.

Press F11 or click Format -> Styles and Formatting to open the Stylist.
Select the Page styles tab and then right click First and select Modify. A dialog box opens, select the Organizer tab. In the Next style drop down listbox, select Default. In the Header and Footer tab, check the Header on and Footer on checkboxes. Close the box. Put your cursor on page 1 and double click First in the Stylist. You should now be able to enter text in the header and footer. The next page should have the Default page style, where you don't check header and footer on.
ravblum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Header / Footer Reply with quote

This may sound traitorous - but I saved the document as .doc, opened it in MS Word, clicked the "Different Header on First Page" button, and reopened in Open Office.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: