OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Frames, saving them, and flow charts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TySlothrop

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Frames, saving them, and flow charts Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm writing a large document that requires many flowcharts throughout. The flowcharts are not very large or complex, but there are lots of them. So, I began making the first one inside an existing frame, and I made each individual element of the chart a separate frame within that one. I then connected them with lines from Draw. No big deal.

I saved the document, and when I opened it again, all the subordinate frames and the lines (essentially, the whole flowchart) was gone. Only the large frame was saved.

Any idea why that might have happened? Also: is there an easier way to create flow charts that I haven't been able to find in Writer or Calc? I've looked around, but this was the easiest way I could find.

Thanks!
keme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create the entire flowchart in Draw. You can do that from within Writer:
Insert - Object - OLE-object..., select "drawing".

By doing it like this, each flowchart will behave like a single graphical object within Writer, instead of a bunch of objects that should be somehow connected. That should give a more reliable and consistent output.
TySlothrop

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good.

I'll try this. Making the whole chart as one object is what I wanted to do from the start. I've used Open Office for a long time, but I just haven't had occasion to use any of these fuctions (draw, frames, etc.) before.

Thanks again!

Now Everybody--"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: