OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Keyboard shortcuts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Keyboard shortcuts Reply with quote

I was brought up originally on Windows 3.11, and as such still use keyboard shortcuts much more frequently than clicking on them. (I do believe that pro. typists do this too.)
I therefore used Microsoft's 'ctrl [' & 'ctrl ]' for shrinking and growing text. I therefore find it hard to understand why OO cannot support these keys for shortcuts.

Furthermore, is there any way of customizing how much the font should be increased of reduced using these controls (in OO)?

I must say though that the option of saving and then reloading a customized keyboard is the perfect thing for keyboard shortcuts when sharing computers!
JZA
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't follow but which keyboard grow up the text. I know the keyboard editor got some improvements on version 2.3 taking more keys available to be assigned as shortcut.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JZA
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an image of the keyboard editor with the different bindings:

Can you tell me which Shortcut key does MSW use to increase font.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Genius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Keyboard shortcuts Reply with quote

I worked that much out, MSW uses ctrl+] for increase font and ctrl+[ for decrease font. These keys don't seem to be programable in OO.
JZA
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it will work but u can asign something 'like' that. Then go to your user folder and editing the XML for the accelerator. This is more indepth and I am not sure if it could happen but I will try with my own box and protect the innocent from seen improper things happening to OOo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: