OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Can Anyone Help Me?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HiimAl
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Can Anyone Help Me????? Reply with quote

I have never been more frustrated by a program in my life. I have just created a new database on a fresh install of Openoffice Portable on my pen drive. I have connected to a existing MS Access database to use two existing tables. One table lets me add records however one table will not.

And yes, I did read the sticky about this in the forum, however, the links to download the macro no longer work. I also have the table contents saved to a spreadsheet, and if I attempted to create a new table from this information, it stops me and tells me that the record is too large?????????????.

I am extremely frustrated, I have noticed that other people are having similar problems however no one seems to have a answer.
DrewJensen
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One possible reason that no one has an answer is because the problem is not described in sufficient detail...then again it might just be that no one knows the answer..

OK - you have two tables, one is editable, one is not.

There are a couple of possible reasons.

In Base for a table to be editable via the GUI it must have a primary key field, that is one possibility.

Second - when you attach to an Access MDB file from Base, MS Access queries appear as tables ( views actually ) and these are NOT editable from Base.

Most likely it is one of these.
HiimAl
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That fixed my problem... thanks a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: