OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Merging files in calc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasteph
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Merging files in calc Reply with quote

Hi
I wonder if you can help me with this problem
I have just started to produce an aged dtrs report in CSV format from our Sage Accounting software
The report is exported into OO Calc and then additional information for particular rows is added in a seperate column
What I then need to do is produce an updated report from Sage and merge is with the original document.
So for example if I produce a report for October I will then add comments in an additional column depending on the outcome of me chasing the dtr.
I will then produce a report in November which will have some dtrs added and some dtrs deleted
I need to merge Nov back to Oct whilst incorporating these changes but not lose any of the notes in the additional column
Hope all that makes sense and thanks for reading
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Merging files in calc Reply with quote

Lasteph wrote:
Hi
I wonder if you can help me with this problem
I have just started to produce an aged dtrs report in CSV format from our Sage Accounting software
The report is exported into OO Calc and then additional information for particular rows is added in a seperate column
What I then need to do is produce an updated report from Sage and merge is with the original document.
So for example if I produce a report for October I will then add comments in an additional column depending on the outcome of me chasing the dtr.
I will then produce a report in November which will have some dtrs added and some dtrs deleted
I need to merge Nov back to Oct whilst incorporating these changes but not lose any of the notes in the additional column
Hope all that makes sense and thanks for reading

Err what's a dtrs? Smile

What I really don't get is the merging where you speak of merging Nov back to Oct. Are you essentially eliminating Oct and Nov and creating a new result Oct-Nov(combined) ?

What happens to the comments columns if there are comments for Oct or Nov or if there are comments for both? Do you need to combine (maybe concatinate these comments for what? Or am I misunderstanding and there will be a comment column for each month. I have been considering only one column for the sheet.
Lasteph
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: merging documents Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the reply
Basically I want to overwrite Oct with Nov
But retain the column with the comments
So if there is a row on Oct that hasn't changed and has comments added I need to preserve it.
If there is a row on Oct which needs to be deleted the comments need to go as well
For Nov there are no comments because this sheet is generated straight off of sage which has no comments
The comments are only added when it is merged or when any subsequent comments are entered.
Hope that makes sense
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: