OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

[Solved] Impossible to find the language packs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dysmas
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: [Solved] Impossible to find the language packs Reply with quote

Although this has been already discussed, without a clear answer, I think it is good to mention it again.

Since OO 2.0 it is possible to have several language packs, and to change the language of the interface you can just change it in the options.

It has been always difficult to find the page of these language packs. Now it is impossible. Some months ago I found it, so it has existed. I tried with Korean because I wanted to know if OO could work with a Korean interface, and it worked. Well... I must add that switching from French to Korean was easier than switching back from Korean to French, but this is a different story.

I cannot understand why the www.openoffice.org download page does not provide a link to the language packs page. Do they hate these packs ? I spent one hour looking for it. Impossible. The links are always to the full version , or to the site in this language. But how can I find a language pack in a site written in a language I don't understand ?

Since this page has existed, could someone suggest to developpers of the website that they put a link to it. It is really crazy to have a feature locked because you cannot find the files !

To be clear : I am not speaking of dictionaries and so on, I can find them. I am speaking of the pack which allows to change le language of the interface itself.

Last edited by dysmas on Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Hagar Delest
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know ; until RGB gave the link, it was a real pain to find them : English GB Language pack for version 2.2.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' in your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
dysmas
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
thanks for the answer. The link is right for me but the idea of this post was that perhaps a person who has something to do with the website design could read it and do something to add just a line in the download page : after localizations which give only links to full pahs, there should be a line with language packs and either point directly to an intelligent location, or to the explanation given by RGB.

So I am satisfied for me, not for others who can look for the same thing.

That's why I will not perhaps add [solved] at once, but I will do it some time later, OK.

But thanks again for the answer.
Hagar Delest
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is only a user to user forum here, no developers. For such request, you should either see on the OOo web site for any contact or create a report on the Issue Tracker, see here : Rough step-by-step instructions reporting bugs.
dysmas
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for the link.
I added [Solved] in the title.
Perhaps this thread can help other users as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: