OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How do I remove white table borders?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tlevine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: How do I remove white table borders? Reply with quote

I thought I removed the table borders, but they're still showing up when I print or export to PDF. Here's the table: ODTPDF
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ewald
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move the cursor within the table
select Table>Table properties
navigate to the Borders pane and click the left most square showing a sketch of the table boundaries options. The left most option is "no boundaries".
tlevine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't help; I've already done that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ewald
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about the table borders (small black lines) or are you perhaps talking about the gray background, which is in column "Monday", Wednesday and Friday.
The former are gone when I do the operations described above (Using OOo 3.1 and exporting to PDF). To remove the latter move the cursor into the table, right click > table > Background pane > select no fill on top of the color table.
Fundi
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to select the entire table first:

1. put cursor in table (The border and table toolbar should show up)
2. Ctrl-A, Ctrl-A to select all (if you ahve no text in the table Ctrl-A once is sufficient)
3. Click on the border button on the table toolbar. (opens a smal window with choices)
4. Select the top left one (no lines)
Done.
Ewald
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have been there (see my first post above) and apparently it didn't help!
Fundi
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have downloaded you file and the steps work unless you are not talking about the lines.
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: How do I remove white table borders? Reply with quote

Where are these "white table borders"? I changed the background to blue and still can't find any white table borders to remove. I only see some black borders on the top or bottom of some cells.
foxcole
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am confused about what the problem is and what the expected result should look like. Every fourth row appears to have a normal border---is that what you're trying to get rid of? Do you want no borders at all in the table?

In that case, the methods already suggested should work.... except that you may have to double-click on the None box to get it to apply to all the border styles you have defined. (You table has a mix of border definitions: some rows have a border "between" and some do not. The "User defined" box shows you when this happens by displaying the veriable border as a thick grey line instead of solid black or dashed.) Just click None until the box no longer contains any shadow of a border definition.

BTW, because you're removing all borders, the spacing to content will change so you might need to define the cell size you want.

WinXP Pro SP2, OOo Portable 2.3.1, OOo local 2.4 RC4
New OpenOffice forum: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/
Manuals: http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html
tlevine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I used Evince to view the PDF, I saw white borders around all of the cells that I had set to have no borders. I just used Adobe Reader 8.1 on Windows to view it, and I don't see the white borders.

I'm not sure why this happens, but it isn't a big deal now as I'll be printing it from Adobe Reader 8.1.

I'll take a picture of what I see at some point so you all see what I'm talking about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: