OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Text rotation inside a rectangle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grandis
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Text rotation inside a rectangle. Reply with quote

Hi.

Got this little issue: I have three boxes. The first of them is just a 2*6 sized box. Then I copy this box and rotate it 60 degrees. Do the same with the third box. But when I mark the boxes with a letter (R1, R2 and R3 for this instance), the text also rotates with the box.

How to get the text inside the rotated box to be plane to the screen?

Image:

ot:
Is there another way to copy in Draw other then Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V? I'm being used to hold ex. Ctrl down while moving an object to make a copy from other apps.
Fundi
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Write your text separately not inside the boxes then you can place these wherever and however you want. I personally find your diagram looks nicer with the letters aligned as you have now then have it separate. But you might have a reason for doing that.

You can use the copy and paste from he content menu (right click)
Hope this helps.
keme

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Text rotation inside a rectangle. Reply with quote

Grandis wrote:
How to get the text inside the rotated box to be plane to the screen?
It seems that's not available as an option in the current version. Your best option is the previous suggestion to put text objects beside or on top of your components, but if you group them to have the text follow the shape when moving, you must "detach" when rotating (enter the group, or ungroup), or else the rotation follows too. Nevertheless, when you double click to edit text in drawn objects, the text snaps into horizontal, so it should not be too much work to implement this as a text format option for draw objects. Request an enhancement and see what happens. (don't hold your breath!)
Grandis wrote:
Is there another way to copy in Draw other then Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V? I'm being used to hold ex. Ctrl down while moving an object to make a copy from other apps.
Click and hold.

After holding for half a second or so, the dotted selection contour disappears, and when you drag, you have a generic object icon instead of the object contour. You are in an "alternate drag mode", where you can drag the object to a different layer (the tabs at the bottom of the window), to a different page (the page thumbnails at left), or to a different application accepting graphical objects (drag via the taskbar button to activate the other application if your Draw window is maximized).

When dragging to an external (non OOo) application, it seems that you always get a bitmap object with a surrounding background rectangle (not transparent background). At least that's the result I got when dragging to Adobe Photoshop and MS Powerpoint. (I also tried inkscape, but could not paste anything there from Draw, not even with ctrl-C/ctrl-V.) Dragging into other OOo documents (Writer, Impress) retains the Draw vector object with editable content (text, group members).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: