OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

? Base - front end to a HSQLDB database in server mode ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trixon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: ? Base - front end to a HSQLDB database in server mode ? Reply with quote

Hi, I found the following information in the MSA FAQ.
Quote:
You are free to use Base as the front end to a HSQLDB database in server mode. HSQLDB is a very small footprint, low administration database engine and in server mode has full support for users / groups.

That is exactly what I want to do.

Is this done via HSQLDB stuff that came with OOo 2.3 Base, or do I need to install HSQLDB?

What is the best way to get started with this kind of work?
1.6dynamic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: ? Base - front end to a HSQLDB database in server mode ? Reply with quote

trixon wrote:
Hi, I found the following information in the MSA FAQ.
Quote:
You are free to use Base as the front end to a HSQLDB database in server mode. HSQLDB is a very small footprint, low administration database engine and in server mode has full support for users / groups.

That is exactly what I want to do.

Is this done via HSQLDB stuff that came with OOo 2.3 Base, or do I need to install HSQLDB?

What is the best way to get started with this kind of work?

Well I already tested connecting OO BASE to my HSQLDB server, but wit no luck.

I would really like to use OO BASe as Front end to either HSQLDB server, or at least to those 4 files (script, properties,log, data), where data is stored. But I could not figure out how to do it. Connecting with JDBC to HSQLDB server is not what I want, because I need to modifiy data, create Tables and so on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: